PDA

View Full Version : Rotary marks

MD29
07-20-2015, 07:53 AM
I have what appears to be rotary buffer swirls in my black paint ...the part that confuses me is my vehicle has never been touched by a rotary buffer.. any ideas or thought on what else it could be... oh and I forgot you really can't see them unless it's in the sun .. when in shade and not under direct light the paint looks awesome .. I will try and get some pictures of it today and post them but until then any help would be extremely appreciated

jonn127
07-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Have you buffed it with anything else? Could possibly be product that was not completely wiped off and it appears to be buffer trails....

Ccrew
07-20-2015, 08:13 AM
the part that confuses me is my vehicle has never been touched by a rotary buffer

Most have without folks thinking about it - some off the factory assembly line, or sometime during their life at the dealer.

MD29
07-20-2015, 02:34 PM
Have you buffed it with anything else? Could possibly be product that was not completely wiped off and it appears to be buffer trails....

I have not buffed it with anything else.... that is almost what it appears to be though..... any ideas on how to get rid of it ? I've washed the vehicle several times the first time I've noticed it.

Rsurfer
07-20-2015, 03:00 PM
I have not buffed it with anything else.... that is almost what it appears to be though..... any ideas on how to get rid of it ? I've washed the vehicle several times the first time I've noticed it.

It was probably done by the dealer prepping the car for delivery. You only now noticed it under certain lighting conditions. You will need a DA polisher to remove the halos.

MD29
07-20-2015, 03:27 PM
It was probably done by the dealer prepping the car for delivery. You only now noticed it under certain lighting conditions. You will need a DA polisher to remove the halos.

I do have a pc7424 and I just purchased and received the Wolfgang total swirl remover and finishing glaze, is that enough to get them out or do I need to do a slightly more aggressive 3 step ?

Rsurfer
07-20-2015, 04:50 PM
I do have a pc7424 and I just purchased and received the Wolfgang total swirl remover and finishing glaze, is that enough to get them out or do I need to do a slightly more aggressive 3 step ?

Try the finishing glaze on a med cut pad first and move up if necessary. That combo should remove the halos.:props:

MD29
07-20-2015, 05:14 PM
Try the finishing glaze on a med cut pad first and move up if necessary. That combo should remove the halos.:props:

Awesome ! Thanks for the Input guys ! Very much appreciated

AGOatemywallet
07-20-2015, 05:37 PM
This Thread is Worthless without Pictures

MD29
07-20-2015, 05:53 PM
This Thread is Worthless without Pictures

I know I've been trying to get pictures of it all day but it's not showing up

MD29
07-25-2015, 07:23 AM
I finally kindof got it to show up in a picture ...kindof hard to see but I guess it seems like more streaks and rotary marks

Rsurfer
07-25-2015, 02:51 PM
I finally kindof got it to show up in a picture ...kindof hard to see but I guess it seems like more streaks and rotary marks

Your PC should take care of the ghosting.:props: