PDA

View Full Version : Rotory

mbkite
07-19-2015, 05:19 PM
How to use the rotory buffer
I just buffed my Toyota Avalon with a lake country yellow very soft buffing pad with autofinesse triple with my makita at speed 1
Now I have hologram. But no haze the paint never looked so clear.. What did I do wrong.

parttimer
07-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Used a rotary. You should follow up with foam to remove the swirls.

mbkite
07-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Believe it or not I used gg6 and rupes 15 on it to remove the swirls but no matter what I did I could never get it to Finnish haze free..
I went with speed 1 on the rotory with a very soft pad and the gentle pollish and no more haze. But I did creat holograms..
I have only done the hood so far I worked the polish in concentrating on keeping the pad flat but it just didn't work out so just looking for some pointers.

mbkite
07-19-2015, 05:47 PM
Yellow lake country foam pad very soft.

Rsurfer
07-19-2015, 05:55 PM
How to use the rotory buffer
I just buffed my Toyota Avalon with a lake country yellow very soft buffing pad with autofinesse triple with my makita at speed 1
Now I have hologram. But no haze the paint never looked so clear.. What did I do wrong.

What color is your Avalon? IIRC Makita at 1 is like 600rpm which is very slow. Plus using a soft yellow pad should not create holograms unless you were buffing on edge and not keeping the pad flat. Some soft paints just will not finish down correctly and need a DA to finish down.

mbkite
07-19-2015, 06:37 PM
New body style 2013 Avalon sizzling Crimson mica
Looks brown in low light
Black in the dark
Maroon on a cloudy day
And in full sun it looks sizzling

mbkite
07-19-2015, 06:39 PM
This paint is very soft swirls and scratches easy
And chips just as easy
And I am thinking this paint is thinner than the average bear..