PDA

View Full Version : Finish Kare

inzer585
07-19-2015, 03:38 PM
Picked up a bottle of Finish Kare's 218 Poly Wipe Sealant Conditioner. No Where on the bottle of Auto Geeks website does it list a cure time. Being a sealant with mild cleaning abilities does anyone know who long to wait before say laying down a spray sealant or Liquid Souveran? So far its great on its own and Auto Geeks sale price of $4.99 its a ridiculous deal.

Best thing is NO DUST attraction.

FUNX650
07-19-2015, 05:36 PM
Picked up a bottle of Finish Kare's 218 Poly Wipe Sealant Conditioner. No Where on the bottle of Auto Geeks website does it list a cure time. Being a sealant with mild cleaning abilities does anyone know who long to wait before say laying down a spray sealant or Liquid Souveran?

So far its great on its own

and Auto Geeks sale price of $4.99 its a ridiculous deal.

With having these accolades for FK-218...
Why in the World would you want to "top" it?!?!

IMHO:
Leave it be.

Bob

Swift
07-20-2015, 01:57 AM
Picked up a bottle of Finish Kare's 218 Poly Wipe Sealant Conditioner. No Where on the bottle of Auto Geeks website does it list a cure time. Being a sealant with mild cleaning abilities does anyone know who long to wait before say laying down a spray sealant or Liquid Souveran? So far its great on its own and Auto Geeks sale price of $4.99 its a ridiculous deal.

I use FinshKare 2180 Ultra polymer sealant. According to Autogeek site 218 offer slightly better protection than 2180. Information on Finishkare application is hard to find. I did a LOT of digging and this is what I found about 2180. Whats true for 2180 should be true for 219 too (I think).

1) When you apply first coat of 2180, apply thin and even. Thing with 2180 is that, first coat gets absorbed by the paint and sorts of disappear.
2) Various detailing site say, leave it for 15 minutes before buffing. I've left 2180 from anything 1 to over 12 hours +, buffing afterwards is very easy.
3) 2180, longer you let it dry, better it will perform.
4) Once you're done with first application, wait 48 to 72 hours before layering.
5) Keep the vehicle dry during this period.
6) Apply a second coat. For most part, its shouldn't get absorbed by the paint, like way it did when you applied the first coat.
5) 2180 dry out and hazes. ATM, you can buff now. It will haze out even after first coat.
6) Over time, as 2180 drys out, it gets more GLOSSY.
7) If at all you want to layer it up with a wax, use finish kare's wax. Bob, above is big fan of 1000p high temperate wax.
8) I used Collinite 845, hour or two after application of 2180. Awesome looks, but 845's durability took a massive hit. 2nd time around, I waited about 2 months or so, I didn't like way 845 bead water. First time I used 845 on bare paint, water beading was phenomenal, was like tiny Perls. It must be bonding issue with 2180 and wax of different brand.
9) Like bob said, you can leave 218 too. More the 218 dry out, better it will get.

Hope this helps.
:dblthumb2: