PDA

View Full Version : Simonize nitro tire shine

PA DETAILER
07-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Here are the results. Tires cleaned with AA xtreme wheel & tire cleaner. (Good tire cleaner for otc) And 1 coat of nitro. Product was easy to work with. This stuff dries very quickly. So i see no sling happening. Look is glossy but not overly. I had no drips or runs. Like the look. Lasts up to 30 days. Cleaning is rinsing with hose nozzle and let dry. Re-apply as needed. I will report back the durability.

FUNX650
07-19-2015, 02:32 PM
Nice looking tire & wheel combo! :props:

Bob

PA DETAILER
07-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Thanks Bob. The nitro was great to work with. Looking foward to durability.

MattPersman
07-20-2015, 05:16 AM
How picky is it applying to a clean tire? Or do you no know yet.

PA DETAILER
07-20-2015, 08:59 AM
How picky is it applying to a clean tire? Or do you no know yet.

:confused: Did you mean re-applying it to a tire already done? Tires were cleaned, then i sprayed one coat. The test will be today on the drive to work. No sling and we got a winner. And i am curious on how it's going to hold up.

MattPersman
07-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Cool keep us updated

Basically on the cleaning like tuff shine you have to have it better than new clean and completely dry or you just wasted product and time.

Some are stupid easy like apply to wet clean tire or just quickly cleaned tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA DETAILER
07-20-2015, 12:57 PM
Got it. I cleaned them with AA Wheel & tire cleaner, which did a great job of cleaning off the old dressings. Waited till i had DRY tires. Then it was as simple as spraying one coat on. I do have a "wheel shield" that keeps aerosol dressings off the wheels while spraying product. The "sling test" will be the drive to work today. If it slings, it fails in my book.

Here is their video on the product....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cNCSIWxHLqY

PA DETAILER
07-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Well, this product did produce moderate sling. It will not go to waste. I'll use it on the escape or wheel wells. A little too glaze donut look for me. I am going back to my tried and true dressing. OPTIMUM OPTI BOND with the CARRAND TIRE DRESSING BRUSH. I never had issues with OPTI BOND and like the look. And it has never slung on me. Just ordered some new carrand brushes and a new 32oz bottle of opti bond. Guess if it aint broke, dont fix it!

MattPersman
07-21-2015, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the honest feedback [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillE
07-22-2015, 07:04 AM
"...glazed donut look."

THAT is a great term!

Bill