PDA

View Full Version : Hi from NOLA

skwidd
07-19-2015, 12:24 PM
Long time lurker (since 2006, created a forum account in 2012), finally deciding to post.

First, I have a can of Megs Gold Class Clear Coat Paste Wax that is probably 6 or 7 years old that I hardly used. Is it worth keeping/using? I have cans of the following: Megs GC Carnuba, Megs NXT PW, and I just bought a can of Megs UPW. I just laid some UPW on top of carnuba (after claying and buffing), like the results, and am waiting to see how long it lasts. I am almost out of NXT and decided I will switch to UPW as soon as the NXT is used up.

And I guess I should show some pics of my work after lurking and learning from you guys over the past 9 or so years.

I have a 2006 Tacoma that the previous owner neglected, and that I neglected. I figured I would finally start taking care of it. I washed with Megs wash, clayed, applied Menzerna IP then FP with a PC DA, then used Carnuba and NXT. Pics are of the clay after taking care of the roof, the roof after clay and half polished, roof polished and waxed with carnuba and NXT, and hood with new hood scoop molding. Hood still needs rock chips filled in, but this is a work in progress.

Thanks.

Kamakaz1961
07-19-2015, 12:25 PM
Welcome to AGO
1st post since 2012 at least you posted!..LOL

KBsToy
07-19-2015, 12:55 PM
:welcome: sounds like you have a plan . I am not sure but I think Carnauba should go on last in your procedures.

But again I am just a weekend detailer and I am sure the pro`s will answer also..

skwidd
07-19-2015, 01:07 PM
From what I have researched, UPW is more of a sealant, so if you put it on top of the carnuba, it helps the carnuba last longer. Like I said, I am experimenting and will see how long that specific combination lasts. UPW supposedly lasts much longer than carnuba, and supposedly lasts longer than NXT.

GS2011
07-19-2015, 02:17 PM
:welcome:

FUNX650
07-19-2015, 02:27 PM
:welcome: ...(finally)...to AGO!

From what I have researched, UPW is more of a sealant, so if you put it on top of the carnuba, it helps the carnuba last longer.
Interesting; but, that's completely opposite
from what my research has revealed to me.

Like I said, I am experimenting and will see
how long that specific combination lasts.
Please keep us apprised. TIA.

UPW supposedly lasts much longer than carnuba,
and supposedly lasts longer than NXT.

I've discovered first-hand; and, with all things
attributed to environmental/man-made contaminates
being equally applied to vehicles' surfaces covered by
these particular LSPs: That It's True!

Bob

sproketser
07-19-2015, 02:35 PM
Welcome aboard .

skwidd
07-19-2015, 02:40 PM
:welcome: ...(finally)...to AGO!

Thanks.

Interesting; but, that's completely opposite
from what my research has revealed to me.

Please keep us apprised. TIA.

I've discovered first-hand; and, with all things
attributed to environmental/man-made contaminates
being equally applied to vehicles' surfaces covered by
these particular LSPs: That It's True!

Bob

I tried carnuba on top of NXT on the roof last weekend, and did UPW on top of carnuba yesterday on passenger side of the bed. I didn't bother with driver's side of bed since it was apparently repainted at some point...and it was a bad paint job. :( I will let you know my results in a few weeks. It would help my experiment if it actually rained around here.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-19-2015, 03:23 PM
Welcome to AutoGeekOnline from Germany!

Riff
07-20-2015, 01:35 AM
Welcome to AGO from Baton Rouge!

Mike Phillips
07-21-2015, 07:49 AM
Long time lurker (since 2006, created a forum account in 2012), finally deciding to post.

And I guess I should show some pics of my work after lurking and learning from you guys over the past 9 or so years.

Lurking for 9 years!

Crazy man....

Welcome to AGO!

:welcome:

skwidd
07-21-2015, 08:02 PM
The search function usually led to an answer. hehe