PDA

View Full Version : Hydro2foam

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

07rs
07-19-2015, 09:30 AM
I'm ready for the hydro2foam to be released so I can try it, it looks like it's going to be another great carpro product

banzaitoyota
07-19-2015, 09:40 AM
me too!

VISITOR
07-19-2015, 05:41 PM
looks like another high quality product from the folks at Carpro... :)

SYMAWD
07-19-2015, 05:59 PM
I posted this on another forum and no one really had an answer for me.

Other than the possible use on wheels and its chemical resistance, what's so great about it? I admit it's cool that they made a shampoo capable of such protection, but why is it any better than a seal as you dry product? You still have to dry the car after using this product and its application makes it seem like it will add a decent amount of time to a normal wash.

07rs
07-19-2015, 06:39 PM

Other than the possible use on wheels and its chemical resistance, what's so great about it? I admit it's cool that they made a shampoo capable of such protection, but why is it any better than a seal as you dry product? You still have to dry the car after using this product and its application makes it seem like it will add a decent amount of time to a normal wash.

To me it looks like it will save time compared to anything else, you spray it with your foam lance wipe rinse then dry, and if it works as good as regular hydro2 with out the streaks some people are getting and has the same shine and durability this might be my new fleet maintance product

fly07sti
07-19-2015, 07:45 PM
I wonder how it compares to Gyeon Bathe +

SYMAWD
07-19-2015, 08:05 PM
To me it looks like it will save time compared to anything else, you spray it with your foam lance wipe rinse then dry, and if it works as good as regular hydro2 with out the streaks some people are getting and has the same shine and durability this might be my new fleet maintance product
But it seems as if you need to do it panel by panel and then rinse quickly. Then if you rinse panel by panel you need to dry it to avoid water spots. Quite frankly that seems time consuming. I'd rather wash all at once, rinse all at once, spray the car down with a water activated sealant then go straight to drying. Other than its supposed chemical resistance, I don't see the advantage.

Mask
07-19-2015, 09:39 PM
I can see these coming...
Pressure rinse
Foam
Rinse
2BM
Rinse
Hydro2foam
Rinse + Sheeting
Blower + towel
:p

VISITOR
07-19-2015, 11:39 PM
[ame]youtube.com/watch?v=B2aJtrK12Ms[/video]

KB in MD
07-20-2015, 04:30 AM
youtube.com/watch?v=B2aJtrK12Ms

that guy looks like he's rubbing a bit to hard for my likes

Avi@CarPro
07-23-2015, 06:59 AM

Other than the possible use on wheels and its chemical resistance, what's so great about it? I admit it's cool that they made a shampoo capable of such protection, but why is it any better than a seal as you dry product? You still have to dry the car after using this product and its application makes it seem like it will add a decent amount of time to a normal wash.It saves you 2 steps, washing the car then while rinsing it seal the car paint . you can then dry the car with air blowing only since its great hydrophobic , so no need to touch the surface. Hydrofoam is pH neutral as well, not aggressive shampoo so can be used on waxed cars too.
we think it will be great for maintenance car wash.

But it seems as if you need to do it panel by panel and then rinse quickly. Then if you rinse panel by panel you need to dry it to avoid water spots. Quite frankly that seems time consuming. I'd rather wash all at once, rinse all at once, spray the car down with a water activated sealant then go straight to drying. Other than its supposed chemical resistance, I don't see the advantage. If car is in the shade,wet rinsed and cool surface there is no problem to wash whole car and rinse after . we have tested this with snow foaming under the sun without streaking. in the video as well used under direct sun, but i wouldnt recommend it as normal application.

HUMP DIESEL
07-23-2015, 07:07 AM
It saves you 2 steps, washing the car then while rinsing it seal the car paint . you can then dry the car with air blowing only since its great hydrophobic , so no need to touch the surface. Hydrofoam is pH neutral as well, not aggressive shampoo so can be used on waxed cars too.
we think it will be great for maintenance car wash.

If car is in the shade,wet rinsed and cool surface there is no problem to wash whole car and rinse after . we have tested this with snow foaming under the sun without streaking. in the video as well used under direct sun, but i wouldnt recommend it as normal application.

There you go!

HUMP

Zelfiris
07-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Hey Avi,

I really like the idea behind this product, but like others I have some questions regarding the application before I make a purchase. I really enjoy using CarPro Reset right now and I find it sun friendly.

1. Is it really a time saver for those with a gardening hose and 2BW? I would have to wash section by section or panel by panel and use more water when rinsing to 'water activate' the product, is that right?

2. Can I wash my car in direct sun light with the product? (Answered above by Avi)

3. Will the finish leave streaks if I don't spend the same amount or more time (in the videos) rinsing down my car?

4. Is there any surface the product would not bond to? Any negative effects exposing our hands to the product (though it is ph neutral)?

5. Any known product combination that is not good to be used with hydro2foam? For example, if the car has existing paint coating or paint sealant would there be problem for hydro2foam to form a bonding?

6. Should I perceive the product application similar to hydro2 or can I expand the surface of what I can wash before rinsing? For example, washing quarter/half/full car before rinsing. The idea of washing panel by panel is not bad but I want to know how user friendly this product can be. (Answered above by Avi)

Thanks!

Edit: I see some answers above and updated the questions

Avi@CarPro
07-24-2015, 02:04 AM
Hey Avi,

I really like the idea behind this product, but like others I have some questions regarding the application before I make a purchase. I really enjoy using CarPro Reset right now and I find it sun friendly.

1. Is it really a time saver for those with a gardening hose and 2BW? I would have to wash section by section or panel by panel and use more water when rinsing to 'water activate' the product, is that right?If you work on cool surface under shade there is no problem doing the whole car and quickly rinse after, you do need to work little faster then normal wash, but nothing extraordinary. water rinsing is ok to use after. if you wish to use it as soap wash bucket i already saw a guy in Italy who used it 1:100 ( 100ml with 10L water ) washed in 34 degC. ! without any streaking , only thing is that sealing power will be reduced. see pic down here

2. Can I wash my car in direct sun light with the product? (Answered above by Avi)Always better to wash car in the shade , with any kind of shampoo

3. Will the finish leave streaks if I don't spend the same amount or more time (in the videos) rinsing down my car?If you will leave it long time to dry on surface it will , but using wet mf with some Hydrofoam on it , washing of the area will remove these streaks.( while its still fresh)

4. Is there any surface the product would not bond to? Any negative effects exposing our hands to the product (though it is ph neutral)?no its ok for any surface , just wash hands well after

5. Any known product combination that is not good to be used with hydro2foam? For example, if the car has existing paint coating or paint sealant would there be problem for hydro2foam to form a bonding?Not something we aware of, should be fine on waxed cars too since its pH neutral

6. Should I perceive the product application similar to hydro2 or can I expand the surface of what I can wash before rinsing? For example, washing quarter/half/full car before rinsing. The idea of washing panel by panel is not bad but I want to know how user friendly this product can be. (Answered above by Avi)you can use it normaly like any car wash , i would do section by section or like half car just to be on the safe side.

Thanks!

Edit: I see some answers above and updated the questions
see my reply above , this is 1:100/120 dilution >>
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab275/Aquartz/1%20to%20100%20diluted_zpsxxzby537.jpg (http://s871.photobucket.com/user/Aquartz/media/1%20to%20100%20diluted_zpsxxzby537.jpg.html)

MDX Detailing
07-24-2015, 05:43 AM
Very excited for this product. When will it be available?