PDA

View Full Version : BEST paint protection for new 2015 Civic?

nodule
07-18-2015, 05:00 PM
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w522/crimsonex/UTM2_zpsodcxnjae.jpg (http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/crimsonex/media/UTM2_zpsodcxnjae.jpg.html)

Hi,

I just purchased a new 2015 Honda Civic EX Sedan, in Urban Titanium Metallic. The car is NOT garage kept, so I want to put the best protection on the paint. Should I go with a coating like Opit-Coat Pro, a sealant or just a wax?? I ONLY drive about 11,000 miles a year, mainly in the suburbs of Central NJ.

I see immediately that the paint has literally NO micro scratches or light swirling at all. I think this color will be easy to maintain and be great at masking any light micro scratches and swirls. My 2013 Civic was a burgundy and as soon as I took
delivery, the paint had VERY light surface scratches that was most likely due to sloppy, careless dealer prep from the teenagers who "detail" the car at delivery. My new 2015, has no such flaws, so I am starting from a good point!

Or, can a light color likely this be easily maintain with gentle hand washes and topping on with a Meguair's Quick Spray Wax?

trekkeruss
07-18-2015, 05:34 PM
I just purchased a new 2015 Honda Civic EX Sedan, in Urban Titanium Metallic. The car is NOT garage kept, so I want to put the best protection on the paint. Should I go with a coating like Opit-Coat Pro

IMO, yes.

I see immediately that the paint has literally NO micro scratches or light swirling at all. I think this color will be easy to maintain ... My new 2015, has no such flaws, so I am starting from a good point!

If you use a consumer coating and apply it yourself, you should still decontaminate; iron-X and clay the vehicle. Then do a coating prep step.

nodule
07-18-2015, 05:57 PM
Trek,
Yes I know, but at least I may not need a one stage paint correction this
time before the Opti-Coat, like I did with my dark red 2013 Civic EX.

Ebg18t
07-18-2015, 09:22 PM
Coat it while it's still new. OptiCoat Pro or CQ Finest.

conman1395
07-18-2015, 10:19 PM
Trek,
Yes I know, but at least I may not need a one stage paint correction this
time before the Opti-Coat, like I did with my dark red 2013 Civic EX.
Opti-Coat Pro will come with one step light correction when they use the required Primer Polish.

Mike@ShineStruck
07-18-2015, 10:57 PM
Opticoat closs or one of polish angels costings like cosmic or viking coat
perhaps pinnacle of it really gets 3 years worth

oceanside
07-19-2015, 01:04 AM
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w522/crimsonex/UTM2_zpsodcxnjae.jpg (http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/crimsonex/media/UTM2_zpsodcxnjae.jpg.html)

Hi,

I just purchased a new 2015 Honda Civic EX Sedan, in Urban Titanium Metallic. The car is NOT garage kept, so I want to put the best protection on the paint. Should I go with a coating like Opit-Coat Pro, a sealant or just a wax?? I ONLY drive about 11,000 miles a year, mainly in the suburbs of Central NJ.

I see immediately that the paint has literally NO micro scratches or light swirling at all. I think this color will be easy to maintain and be great at masking any light micro scratches and swirls. My 2013 Civic was a burgundy and as soon as I took
delivery, the paint had VERY light surface scratches that was most likely due to sloppy, careless dealer prep from the teenagers who "detail" the car at delivery. My new 2015, has no such flaws, so I am starting from a good point!

Or, can a light color likely this be easily maintain with gentle hand washes and topping on with a Meguair's Quick Spray Wax?

don't rely on just a wax...

if you're handy with a polisher and it's outdoors, then polish it every couple months before you wax....a simple car cover will remedy the fact that it's not garaged.....if you use it :)

asianisafish
07-19-2015, 02:05 AM
You want the best of the best? Like literally the BEST?
a tangible form of protection is the BEST. Clear bra or vinyl wrap is the BEST. Because literally the paint is not exposed. The BEST would be to have the entire covered. That the BEST protection. Lol.

VISITOR
07-19-2015, 02:55 AM
congrats on the new Vic, i've always had a sweet spot for them...

Odisious
07-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Get the water off of the roof!!! It's in the sun!!!!!! What are you doing???? Are you crazy??????? Do it now!!!! Get to the chopper!!!