PDA

View Full Version : rinseless car wash help

spitshine1
07-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Hi eyeryone,
I have a dark blue car. I have detailed and polished the car to a glass looking finish.

I have used a rinseless car wash 4 times, I am seeing small scratches on the clear coat.

I am using the two bucket method. I am using a microfiber wash pad. I think I am getting
a small contaminate transfer with the microfiber pad.

Should I put the towels in the wash every time I use them?
any suggestions on the process?

DogRescuer
07-18-2015, 03:57 PM
Maybe they were there b4 u?

Kamakaz1961
07-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Hi eyeryone,
I have a dark blue car. I have detailed and polished the car to a glass looking finish.

I have used a rinseless car wash 4 times, I am seeing small scratches on the clear coat.

I am using the two bucket method. I am using a microfiber wash pad. I think I am getting
a small contaminate transfer with the microfiber pad.

Should I put the towels in the wash every time I use them?
any suggestions on the process?

You should always wash your towels after a wash. If you are not doing that than IMO that could be the cause.

Another thing you need to look at is your drying method. How do you dry the car? That could be another possibility.

jmsc
07-18-2015, 04:59 PM
Do you do a PWash prior to your RW?

Like Kamakaz1961 says: after a RW what method/towels do you use to dry the car?

Sbmin
07-18-2015, 05:15 PM
You should always wash your towels after a wash. If you are not doing that than IMO that could be the cause.

:iagree:

swanicyouth
07-18-2015, 06:35 PM
Here is a good video about RW:

http://youtu.be/5WlO7gePOXA

The point is, a RW can always cause some fine scratches, simply because you are WIPING abrasive dirt off the surface - not rinsing it off.

This is not a limitation of the rinseless wash product - but of the rinseless wash process. It will always be safer to rinse / pressure rinse the car with water prior to touching it - regardless what soap you use to wash it.

There is some slick marketing that says there is some "magic chemicals" in RWs that make this not an issue. It's simply not true. If you want to avoid as much marring as possible you'll need to pressure rinse the car before touching it - what type of "soap" you use after that matters little.

If "good enough" is "good enough", just wipe the car down with RW and call it a day.

Mask
07-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Like swanicyouth said
Pressure rinse before touching the paint is the way to go ^^

pheerix
07-18-2015, 07:30 PM
I found the key is to use lots clean MF towels (GD method) and use very light pressure on the initial wipe. Subsequent wipes can be done with more pressure. Also every wipe must have a liquid interface, either a soaking wet towel or a presoaked panel. Dry panel and dry towel risks marring.

frankprozzoly
07-18-2015, 07:41 PM
I just watched that guys video. I like his videos. Its funny, I probably use a half gallon just on the roof. Maybe I should stop being so anal. I must say, my car is damn near perfect for a daily driver a year in. So like he said it's what your expectations are

Ebg18t
07-18-2015, 08:04 PM
You may want to revisit which wash material you are using. I noticed the wooly mitt from CarPro helped reduce micro marring when doing rinsless wash. I used to use a MF mitt and no matter how well I rinsed my it, my dark blue paint seem to get some micro marring.

mcleod52
07-18-2015, 09:37 PM
I am like some of the others above. I use the GD method and go through a lot of MF towels in the process (6-10 depending on which vehicle - that translates into 48-80 towel sides when proper towel management it used - add another 2 -4 MF towels for Megs D156 after the wash)). I have them dripping wet when they are used.

I always have a bucket of Megs D114 on the go with many MF towels soaking in the bucket - just ready for when the need for a wash strikes me.

frankprozzoly
07-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Here is a good video about RW:

http://youtu.be/5WlO7gePOXA

The point is, a RW can always cause some fine scratches, simply because you are WIPING abrasive dirt off the surface - not rinsing it off.

This is not a limitation of the rinseless wash product - but of the rinseless wash process. It will always be safer to rinse / pressure rinse the car with water prior to touching it - regardless what soap you use to wash it.

There is some slick marketing that says there is some "magic chemicals" in RWs that make this not an issue. It's simply not true. If you want to avoid as much marring as possible you'll need to pressure rinse the car before touching it - what type of "soap" you use after that matters little.

If "good enough" is "good enough", just wipe the car down with RW and call it a day.

I watched a few videos from this guy. When his benz hood catches the sun you see thats it's full of swirls. I'm curious if guys in the business don't have the time or don't care to bring their work home with them