PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy kit purchased...need some help though

skenzer
09-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Can somebody walk me through the steps that I need to take to effectively use the poorboy kit I purchased? What pads did you use with what? and did you use the SR1 first? or after the SSR2? etc...

And what steps should I take to maintain the paint after doing the Poorboy application? Should I use paint cleaner once in a while? or Pinnacle Ultra clay once in a while?

Any help would be much apprecaited.

budman3
09-12-2007, 09:51 AM
It all depends... What is the condition of the vehicle you're working on? Year, model, color? Swilrs & scratches?

Chances are you may be working on a vehicle with moderate swirls. If this is the case you'll want to start off with the SSR2.5 and a white polishing pad. If there are a lot of swirls and the white polishing pad does not remove all of the swirls, bump the pad up to an orange light cut pad. Here is a list of things you should do to get the SSRs to work their best.

-DO NOT PRIME WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE PRODUCT ITSELF (very crucial)
-Apply a thin bead of product around the pad for each section of the car
-Spread it at whatever speed you want, work it in at Speed 6.... don't be afraid of speed 6.
-Go slow, moving the buffer slowly won't hurt the paint.
-Work it in until very clear (may take a few minutes)
-If the product begins to build up on the pad, brush off with stiff brush or wipe off excess polish with a terry towel
-Wipe off
-Admire no swirls http://www.danaseforums.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif
-Go to finer polish (if needed- with the polishing pad you most likely don't NEED to follow up but it wouldn't hurt).
-Do not use a new pad that hasn't been washed- Pads come from the factory with small foam particles left in the pad that look like product dust.

After the SSR2.5 you'll want to finish up with SSR1 and a polishing pad. Use the same techniques as above, but you won't need to let the product work in as long. You can speed your arm movements up and don't apply a lot of pressure. Speed 5 or 6 will be fine.

After this you can either lay down a layer of a sealant, if you have it, or just apply the Natty's Blue by hand. Remember to apply the Natty's very thinly. A little goes a long way with all PB products.

After you do your complete detail you can maintain the shine with Spray and Wipe and Spray and Gloss. Spray and Wipe is a waterless wash. Search for proper techniques of that, you can use that to effectively clean a car on anything but mud. A very great product. After you use S&W or after you washed your car, use the Spray and Gloss as a quick detailer. It'll refresh the shine on your car and add a great deal of slickness. Remember, a little goes a long way. If you are in a strange mood, mix S&G and S&W half and half and you'll have a powerful cleaner QD.

Do you have a clay bar? I recommend you doing that before all. Sorry this has gotten so long, here is a summary:

Wash
Clay
SSR2.5, white or orange pad, Speed 6
SSR1, white pad, Speed 5-6
Natty's Wax

skenzer
09-12-2007, 10:10 AM
It all depends... What is the condition of the vehicle you're working on? Year, model, color? Swilrs & scratches?

Chances are you may be working on a vehicle with moderate swirls. If this is the case you'll want to start off with the SSR2.5 and a white polishing pad. If there are a lot of swirls and the white polishing pad does not remove all of the swirls, bump the pad up to an orange light cut pad. Here is a list of things you should do to get the SSRs to work their best.

-DO NOT PRIME WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE PRODUCT ITSELF (very crucial)
-Apply a thin bead of product around the pad for each section of the car
-Spread it at whatever speed you want, work it in at Speed 6.... don't be afraid of speed 6.
-Go slow, moving the buffer slowly won't hurt the paint.
-Work it in until very clear (may take a few minutes)
-If the product begins to build up on the pad, brush off with stiff brush or wipe off excess polish with a terry towel
-Wipe off
-Admire no swirls http://www.danaseforums.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif
-Go to finer polish (if needed- with the polishing pad you most likely don't NEED to follow up but it wouldn't hurt).
-Do not use a new pad that hasn't been washed- Pads come from the factory with small foam particles left in the pad that look like product dust.

After the SSR2.5 you'll want to finish up with SSR1 and a polishing pad. Use the same techniques as above, but you won't need to let the product work in as long. You can speed your arm movements up and don't apply a lot of pressure. Speed 5 or 6 will be fine.

After this you can either lay down a layer of a sealant, if you have it, or just apply the Natty's Blue by hand. Remember to apply the Natty's very thinly. A little goes a long way with all PB products.

After you do your complete detail you can maintain the shine with Spray and Wipe and Spray and Gloss. Spray and Wipe is a waterless wash. Search for proper techniques of that, you can use that to effectively clean a car on anything but mud. A very great product. After you use S&W or after you washed your car, use the Spray and Gloss as a quick detailer. It'll refresh the shine on your car and add a great deal of slickness. Remember, a little goes a long way. If you are in a strange mood, mix S&G and S&W half and half and you'll have a powerful cleaner QD.

Do you have a clay bar? I recommend you doing that before all. Sorry this has gotten so long, here is a summary:

Wash
Clay
SSR2.5, white or orange pad, Speed 6
SSR1, white pad, Speed 5-6
Natty's Wax

Thank you! :cheers: This is the kind of information I was looking for. I do have a clay bar and will wash and clay prior to doing anything with the PB products. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question....very thorough and much appreciated!

Brad

budman3
09-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Your more than welcome. Now hopefully I didn't confuse you or anything and you can get great results. I've used the PB products more than any other products so talking about them is nothing new :). Be sure to take pictures, everyone loves looking at detailed vehicles. Good luck.

skenzer
09-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Your more than welcome. Now hopefully I didn't confuse you or anything and you can get great results. I've used the PB products more than any other products so talking about them is nothing new :). Be sure to take pictures, everyone loves looking at detailed vehicles. Good luck.

I don't think what you said was confusing at all! At least, not yet. :-) I'll have to see how it goes when I get into it. I'll take some pics as well, before and after.

thanks
Brad