PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea, will it work?

conman1395
07-18-2015, 01:32 PM
I'm currently trying different ideas of how I'm going to wash my car in college. My apartment complex is very close to a DIY car wash.

I'll already be rinsing dirt off there and I've been playing with the idea of doing a rinseless wash and instead of drying, rinsing the car with the spot free rinse.

I think I've read some people do this with CR Spotless (Swanic I believe and someone who has a silver Accord).

Any idea?

Thanks,
Connor

Dmb5450
07-18-2015, 01:48 PM
I have tried the spot free rinse at two car washes in my area, while to do greatly reduce water spots, they do not eliminate them. Maybe I'm not rinsing long enough with the spot free due to trying to get the car done in one pay cycle. Either way when I get home I usually follow with crystal mist so the water spots aren't a huge concern to me.

swanicyouth
07-18-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm currently trying different ideas of how I'm going to wash my car in college. My apartment complex is very close to a DIY car wash.

I'll already be rinsing dirt off there and I've been playing with the idea of doing a rinseless wash and instead of drying, rinsing the car with the spot free rinse.

I think I've read some people do this with CR Spotless (Swanic I believe and someone who has a silver Accord).

Any idea?

Thanks,
Connor

I do it the other way around. I pressure wash using DI water, then just do the rinseless wash in the sun using DI water.

I don't dry - I let the sun dry as I go along. It's much faster. When it's all done, I just wipe it down with a QD.

conman1395
07-18-2015, 02:44 PM
I do it the other way around. I pressure wash using DI water, then just do the rinseless wash in the sun using DI water.

I don't dry - I let the sun dry as I go along. It's much faster. When it's all done, I just wipe it down with a QD.

Which rinseless do you use?

So you're saying you let the sun dry the rinseless solution off the paint? Wouldn't that leave the surfactants to dry on the surface?

Which quick detailer do you use?

My goal with my idea is to have zero laundry to do. I'd use one of my sponges to do the washes and have to only hand wash them.

My plan was to continue to use either my Dry Me Crazy towel or use the damp towel/dry towel method for drying of the remaining solution. Or, go wash as normal and use a waterless wash. Just trying to figure it out, lol. I'm spoiled at home being able to do a traditional wash whenever I want. I'm pretty good at rinseless washes now after having worked at a detail shop, but my goal in college is to be able to get as thorough and safe a clean without my normal setup.

I should mention that one of thr DIY places also have air hoses similar to a Master Blaster hanging from the ceiling. So I'd even be able to rinse with spot free and blow the stuff out of cracks, crevices, and emblems.

expdetailing
07-18-2015, 02:54 PM
You can cut laundry by using a squeegee. CG has a brand new one that looks promising.
I used to not like the idea of using a squeegee, but am heavily considering one to make drying faster and easier. I have a large vehicle, and I'm not getting any younger with my always sore lower back.

conman1395
07-18-2015, 02:56 PM
You can cut laundry by using a squeegee. CG has a brand new one that looks promising.
I used to not like the idea of using a squeegee, but am heavily considering one to make drying faster and easier. I have a large vehicle, and I'm not getting any younger with my always sore lower back.
I really don'tmean for this to be rude at all, but I wouldn't ever consider a water blade. Even if it's paint safe, I wouldn't want to use one.

expdetailing
07-18-2015, 03:01 PM
Yeah, its probably a trade-off. Life will do that to us.

FUNX650
07-18-2015, 03:13 PM
Re: "I have an idea, will it work"?

Of course it'll work!!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image1491.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/97397)

Bob

conman1395
07-18-2015, 03:49 PM
Of course it'll work!!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image1491.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/97397)

Bob
Bob,

Would you be willing to share some thoughts on this? Would using the low pressure, spot free rinse be enough to remove the D114 left on the surface?

Also would you mind sharing your opinion using D114 at a Waterless Wash dilution following a wash at the DIY statio as an alternative? Would you deem this to be safe?

Thank you,
Connor

FUNX650
07-18-2015, 04:09 PM
Would using the low pressure, spot free rinse be enough to remove the D114 left on the surface?
Not to worry:
D114 "leaves nothing behind".

Also would you mind sharing your opinion using D114 at a Waterless Wash dilution following a wash at the DIY statio as an alternative? Would you deem this to be safe?

-If the DIY car wash, that you're going to be using,
is "modernized" enough to be using a RO/DI
Reclamation System...
(at least for their "spot-free" rinse cycle)...

Then the act of you WW-ing your vehicle, after the
DIY-car washing, will be: A-OK/safe...IMO.

Bob

conman1395
07-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Not to worry:
D114 "leaves nothing behind".

-If the DIY car wash, that you're going to be using,
is "modernized" enough to be using a RO/DI
Reclamation System...
(at least for their "spot-free" rinse cycle)...

Then the act of you WW-ing your vehicle, after the
DIY-car washing, will be: A-OK/safe...IMO.

Bob
Cool, thank you.