PDA

View Full Version : Pans Labyrinth

Surfer
09-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Damn, just watched it on HBO, awesome but f'd up movie lol, pretty twisted. Must have been good since I just sat through a movie in a foreign language. I liked it :cheers: now I know why all the reviews gave it excellent reviews, but man was that pretty dark and twisted.

For those pry wondering what we're talking about: YouTube - Pan's Labyrinth full length trailer (http://youtube.com/watch?v=EqYiSlkvRuw)

r_wain
09-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Dark and twisted fits that movie well. I like you sat through the whole thing and in the end enjoyed it. It was between Pans or Delta Farce...Pans won, Delta Farce looks too stupid to watch.

littlemissGTO
09-11-2007, 10:23 PM
If you think that's a wild movie you should check out Apocolypto. I think I butchered that spelling. It was Mel's last movie.

Nica
09-11-2007, 10:29 PM
The wife and I saw that movie Surfer, it was good...really good but yea very twisted :righton: had me thinking the entire time hahahaha. So did you understand any of it though, it's all in body language and facial expressions...oh and Apocalipto (sorry for sp) is good too.

Surfer
09-11-2007, 10:33 PM
The wife and I saw that movie Surfer, it was good...really good but yea very twisted :righton: had me thinking the entire time hahahaha. So did you understand any of it though, it's all in body language and facial expressions...oh and Apocalipto (sorry for sp) is good too.Yeh, but the sub-titles helped :D . I thought the movie was brilliant, Del Torro is like Peter Jackson, just made it seem so real, and definitely twisted, Captain was a sick sob lol.

Only other movie I liked in a foreign language was Brotherhood of the Wolf years ago. I guess you know a movies good when you watch it in a foreign language:D

r_wain
09-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah that was a good movie. I also liked "The number 23" when I watched it but others have disagreed.

Nica
09-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeh, but the sub-titles helped :D . I thought the movie was brilliant, Del Torro is like Peter Jackson, just made it seem so real, and definitely twisted, Captain was a sick sob lol.

Only other movie I liked in a foreign language was Brotherhood of the Wolf years ago. I guess you know a movies good when you watch it in a foreign language:D

I agree with you there about the movie being brilliant, just when you thought you had it all figuired out a twist....oh and yea the captain a total wacko...:D

littlemissGTO
09-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah that was a good movie. I also liked "The number 23" when I watched it but others have disagreed.

I liked that movie too. Was interestind seeing Jim Carey play a different role.

r_wain
09-11-2007, 11:02 PM
I liked that movie too. Was interestind seeing Jim Carey play a different role.
Yeah Jim did a much better job than I thought he would, he proved to me he is a great actor and not just a comedian.

Pauly6401
09-12-2007, 07:11 AM
What about some other subtitled movies:

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Chinese/Mandarin)
Run, Lola, Run (German)
Ringu (Japanese)
The Host (Korean)

r_wain
09-12-2007, 09:18 AM

Run, Lola, Run (German)
Ringu (Japanese)
The Host (Korean)

CTHD wasn't bad but I thought Storm Riders was a little better
and Ringu was horrible, I had such high hope and was seriously let down.

Surfer
09-12-2007, 09:41 AM

Run, Lola, Run (German)
Ringu (Japanese)
The Host (Korean)Only saw parts of Crouching Tiger, saw Run Lola Run, don't remember much since it was way back in high school and I was chilling with a girl who put it on....

wytstang
09-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Pans was great I liked it very much, I always though the fawn (or what ever he was) was out to be the bad guy. The general got what he needed most, but I was sad to see the little girl go but with a happy ending. Since I understand Spanish pretty well is was easy for me to enjoy it. Another great movie(s) for me that was sub titled are Hero and The Passion of the Christ imo.

Surfer
03-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Watching Pans Labyrinth again, its on right now, remembered this thread :D. Movie rules :cheers: