PDA

View Full Version : Menz FG500 straight to SF4000??

jimbob
07-18-2015, 05:01 AM
Hi all, been detailing my gf's car which is in terrible condition. Heavily swirled with many isolated scratches and scrapes.

Planning on using FG500 on a Flex and LC hybrid blue light cutting pad. My question is whether the SF4000 has enough cut to clean up any holograms after this? Or do I need to use IP2000 before SF4000? I've got the hybrid black finishing pads and white pads at my disposal.

Other polishes I have are optimum compound, polish and finish.

Thanks

medicscott
07-18-2015, 05:20 AM
Hi all, been detailing my gf's car which is in terrible condition. Heavily swirled with many isolated scratches and scrapes.

Planning on using FG500 on a Flex and LC hybrid blue light cutting pad. My question is whether the SF4000 has enough cut to clean up any holograms after this? Or do I need to use IP2000 before SF4000? I've got the hybrid black finishing pads and white pads at my disposal.

Other polishes I have are optimum compound, polish and finish.

Thanks

So a few things here. One, you are using the wrong pad setup. FG400 is a cutting polish and blue pads are for a last step jeweling process with FG4500

You would want to use FG400 with a minimum of white most probably orange/tangerine. I'd read this article and the comments, then re-read it so you are clear on how to get the most out of Menzerna.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/77155-my-technique-concerning-3401-menzerna-products-hybrid-pads.html

jimbob
07-18-2015, 06:23 AM
Oh? I thought the blue hybrids are a light cutting pad, a step above the white polishing pads. These are the ones I've got:

http://www.waxit.com.au/products/lake-country-hybrid-power-finish-6-5-blue-light-cutting-pad

Thanks for the link, will definitely check it out.

Billy Baldone
07-18-2015, 07:16 AM
So a few things here. One, you are using the wrong pad setup. FG400 is a cutting polish and blue pads are for a last step jeweling process with FG4500

You would want to use FG400 with a minimum of white most probably orange/tangerine. I'd read this article and the comments, then re-read it so you are clear on how to get the most out of Menzerna.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/77155-my-technique-concerning-3401-menzerna-products-hybrid-pads.html
In the Hybrid line, the blue is a light cut pad. But in the flat line, they are wax pads

RPM_BR
07-18-2015, 07:20 AM
Oh? I thought the blue hybrids are a light cutting pad, a step above the white polishing pads. These are the ones I've got:

Lake Country - Hybrid Power Finish 6.5"- Blue Light Cutting Pad | Waxit Car Care (http://www.waxit.com.au/products/lake-country-hybrid-power-finish-6-5-blue-light-cutting-pad)

Thanks for the link, will definitely check it out.

Yes they are, above the white, below the tangerine. You'll be fine with this set up. After that, white or black with 4500 or 4000, a test spot will tell you.

MIsnowman
07-18-2015, 07:27 AM
You are correct. Blue Hybrid pads are light cutting. Based on your description of the condition of your GF's car, you might want to use the Orange Hybrid cutting pad with FG400 instead of the Blue pad. It will correct a lot faster and still finish well enough that the SF4000 will clean up anything left behind.

Billy Baldone
07-18-2015, 07:44 AM
What kind of car is it?

jimbob
07-18-2015, 08:03 AM
You are correct. Blue Hybrid pads are light cutting. Based on your description of the condition of your GF's car, you might want to use the Orange Hybrid cutting pad with FG400 instead of the Blue pad. It will correct a lot faster and still finish well enough that the SF4000 will clean up anything left behind.

Hi there, yeah my preference would have been the orange cutting pad but I don't have any at my disposal. My current set up was originally intended for my own vehicle and I would have NEVER allow things to get to like her condition :D

jimbob
07-18-2015, 08:11 AM
What kind of car is it?

Its a black 2007 Holden astra hatch. Not sure if you have those on the US?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-18-2015, 11:26 AM
Yes, SF4000 on white has more than enough pull in it to finish out what your first step leaves behind.

3401, White Hybrid, and SF4000 has enough pull in it to remove what the PE14, Hybrid wool, and SC300 leaves behind.

99monguse
07-18-2015, 12:38 PM
I really am sick of all these different pads...why can't the colors ALL mean the same thing? Griots, Lake Country, Rupes, Hex Logic and BuffnShine...get your acts together and make the colors all the same, it's too much to remember for us

jimbob
07-18-2015, 07:43 PM
Yes, SF4000 on white has more than enough pull in it to finish out what your first step leaves behind.

3401, White Hybrid, and SF4000 has enough pull in it to remove what the PE14, Hybrid wool, and SC300 leaves behind.

Seems like a versatile product. Will need to make sure I always have some on hand!!