PDA

View Full Version : Should I bother with Xylion?

mires
07-17-2015, 08:11 PM
I'll start from the beginning. In January I bought a new (to me) car. A 2013 Xterra. The dealer had the vehicle for 6+ months so they kept lowering the price which means I got a great deal on the vehicle. I paid asking price because I felt it was a good deal and they threw in the Xylion treatment. I never got it done though because I just couldn't find the time to bother with it. What I am asking now is should I even bother getting it done? I know going into it that it will not compare to the awesome coatings you guys do and probably will not last like they say it will. Does anybody have any experience with a car that has been Xylion coated? I have to assume they would "prep" the vehicle first which actually scares me more than comforts me. Sorry for the rambling. Thoughts from the pros?

FUNX650
07-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Re: "Should I bother with Xylion?
No.

Bob

Bill1234
07-17-2015, 08:29 PM
I'll start from the beginning. In January I bought a new (to me) car. A 2013 Xterra. The dealer had the vehicle for 6+ months so they kept lowering the price which means I got a great deal on the vehicle. I paid asking price because I felt it was a good deal and they threw in the Xylion treatment. I never got it done though because I just couldn't find the time to bother with it. What I am asking now is should I even bother getting it done? I know going into it that it will not compare to the awesome coatings you guys do and probably will not last like they say it will. Does anybody have any experience with a car that has been Xylion coated? I have to assume they would "prep" the vehicle first which actually scares me more than comforts me. Sorry for the rambling. Thoughts from the pros?

Not a pro but long time hobbyist. Xylion is like taking something thats a quality product and jacking the price up to an insane amount. Do not let the dealer prep your vehicle, they usually are stupid when doing it.

Sbmin
07-17-2015, 08:51 PM
should I even bother getting it done?

I wouldn't. The dealer prep would concern me the most.

mires
07-17-2015, 09:42 PM
No.

Bob

Short and sweet. I like it. Noted.

Not a pro but long time hobbyist. Xylion is like taking something thats a quality product and jacking the price up to an insane amount. Do not let the dealer prep your vehicle, they usually are stupid when doing it.

I agree that it is insanely overpriced. Funny thing is the price seems to vary greatly from the research that I have done online. I think it all depends on how big of a sucker the customer it. Quite sad really.

I wouldn't. The dealer prep would concern me the most.

Definitely the part that concerned me the most. However, the vehicle is white and already does have swirls. I chose white due to the fact that it would hide swirls/defects but I still keep picturing a guy drying it with dollar store terry cloth towels that have been used 1,200 times and spend most of their time on the ground.

I think you guys have made up my mind for me. :xyxthumbs:

I just remembered though that the interior is included. I need to do some research on that because my seats stain from EVERYTHING including water.