PDA

View Full Version : Yellow foam applicators

Pages : [1] 2

Tonya
09-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Do you guys wash the cheap yellow foam applicators or just pitch them? If you wash them, how do you wash them? I am guessing just rinse them with the hose and hand wash?
Feed back please

makdaddy626
09-11-2007, 09:05 PM
I toss them.

Gary Sword
09-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I use them more then once. Sometimes I put them in the washing machine and sometimes I just wash them in pad soap and water then rinse them out. When they get start to get bad I trash them. I basically treat them like my polishing pads.

Tex Star Detail
09-11-2007, 09:15 PM
I use them more then once. Sometimes I put them in the washing machine and sometimes I just wash them in pad soap and water then rinse them out. When they get start to get bad I trash them. I basically treat them like my polishing pads.

same here ;)

Jimmie
09-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I wash them with either XMT Cleaner or Dawn Power Disolver, rinse, air dry. Toss when they get discolored around the edges.

richy
09-11-2007, 09:37 PM

:iagree:

Tonya
09-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Ok thanks! I have been pitching mine. Then realized I don't have anymore ~oops!

budman3
09-12-2007, 10:05 AM
I never used to wash them. I usually used them to apply a sealant or wax and then they got demoted to tire duty. When I buy more (need some soon :)) I'll take better care of them as I've heard the more you wash them, the better they get. That was for the Meguiar's Yellow Foam Apps though.

coupe
09-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Dunno why anyone would just toss them, they are easily cleaned.

Tossin them would get expensive quick.

wytstang
09-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I wash then with dish soap and rinse the crap out of them. I did pick up 50 Megs apps off of ebay so I have plenty.

Al-53
09-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I wash them ..I spray either APC or Power Disolver or Dawn soap and toss them in the wash.,....The Meg's ones are getting harder to find..and the cheapos I have seen are real bad...very thin and flimsy...I use a polishing pal and use 4" pads with it..but the meg's pads also stick to it....so best of both worlds...

AL

Tonya
09-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Dunno why anyone would just toss them, they are easily cleaned.

Tossin them would get expensive quick.
Coupe ~ I am only working on my cars, not detailing for others so I don't really use a lot of them.
Budman3 ~ thanks interesting washing might make them better, OK I will find out soon enough.
Wytstang, Al-53 ~ Ok thanks for the information!

klumzypinoy
09-13-2007, 04:29 AM
I used to use Dawn Power Dissolver on them, and rinse them out really good. Now I am going to clean them in DP pad cleaner, easier to rinse out of pads :). I see the Meguiar's yellow applicator pads in Kragen..

Bags
09-13-2007, 11:25 AM
I had problems finding the yellow ones local as well. I recently bought 6 of the red CCS applicators. They rock. It looks like they are made out of 1 piece not 2 glued together. They feel thicker as well. As with the CCS idea, you put the product on the pad and spread it thin when you need more product push harder on the pad and it releases more product. I plan on getting more on my next order. And yes I reuse them.
CCS Red Wax/Sealant Applicator Pads 2 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/red-ccs-applicators.html)

richy
09-13-2007, 12:00 PM
I wash then with dish soap and rinse the crap out of them. I did pick up 50 Megs apps off of ebay so I have plenty.

Good for you!!!