PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Einszett Rubber Care Stick “Gummi Pflege”

carnut00
09-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Would it be ok to use this on wiper blades to keep them pliable and last longer ? I would assume so since they are rubber just thought I would ask to see if someone has.Feed back please

Jay Laub
09-11-2007, 08:46 PM
no idea, but i thought of that too. sorry im no help at all though

Reddwarf
09-11-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm not sure. I bought a bottle and I've used it a couple of times on the door trim. It is real easy to apply but I don't know yet if it really helps. Another option might be 303. They sell a product that you apply to the wiper blades. I think AG sells it.

2turbos
09-11-2007, 11:32 PM
I love this stuff ...smells like lemongrass and make rubber plump!!!! I have been using since it was not too popular (for rubber of course). I like their stuff.

joe.p
09-12-2007, 08:33 AM
303 sells a product that is used to condition wiper blades..

carnut00
09-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Maybe Ill be the first Ill report back when I get around to it.

Reddwarf
09-12-2007, 08:56 PM
303 Wiper Treatment stops squeaking and skipping wiper blades. 303 Wiper Treatment reconditions hardening rubber blades and makes them glide like new. (http://www.autogeek.net/303wiptreat.html)

Stop squeaking and skipping wiper blades.

Stop annoying chattering, skipping and streaking wipers in seconds. With a quick wipe, 303 Wiper Treatment reconditions hardening rubber blades and makes them glide like new. A penetrating lubricant coats the natural rubber used in wiper blades. Snow and ice will not stick to treated blades and blades will not freeze to the windshield overnight.

carnut00
09-15-2007, 10:26 AM
I just talked to Mike at 1Z and this was his reply:

Vinyl-Rubber Care 'Tiefenpfleger' is better suited than Gummi Pflege.
Certain properties in Gummi, like it's anti-freezing agent, may hinder
proper operation.

Also keep in mind that wiper blade manufacturers apply a graphite
powder on
the rubber to reduce friction and extend longevity. Applying a vinyl
rubber
conditioner does not necessarily improve performance or extend the
life.