PDA

View Full Version : no more detailing for me for a while...

SPiN
09-11-2007, 07:04 PM
my car got totaled =(

Some kiddo stole his dads dodge ram, he didn't have insurance either. Apparently in these cases my insurance company will try to sue his parents now.

He rear ended me really hard that it dragged my car about 10 feet making me hit another car.

dont want to post it all so heres a link for what i posted on the lexus forums.

Just a little miami love tap *56 grab a snickers* - Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305823)

its going to be a while before i get the check and can buy a new car. Hopefully i'll have enough cash to buy the same car.

alban61
09-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Wow!! I saw those pics!! Glad you were able to walk away from that. So sorry to hear about your car, but glad that YOU are okay after that.

SPiN
09-11-2007, 07:21 PM
yeah, the car did a great job at absorbing the impact and i was able to walk away from it without a scratch.

cusepack
09-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Thank goodness you were able to walk away from that.

Whereabouts in Miami did this occur? So many drivers here in MIA that drive without insurance - it amazes me.

bill walsh
09-11-2007, 07:45 PM
i fell for you

Gary Sword
09-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Looks like he hit you pretty hard. I hope your ok. You can always get another car. Sorry for your misforture.

P1et
09-11-2007, 08:14 PM
CRAP SPiN, that is awful. Sorry to see that. Hope the parents get a full buckshot in the @ss for this one. Cannot believe the kid stole his dads truck and then this happened.

What's next on the list?

budman3
09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Glad you are ok as well. Hopefully everything gets worked out fast and you can get a new car ... at the parent's expense. I got to say, I didn't see a swirl on the car in those pictures :).

SPiN
09-11-2007, 08:56 PM
really want the same car again, i have had benz's, bmw's, acura's. Nothing has compared to my personal taste with the lexus, really love the car. This time im going to get the 3.5 liter instead of the 2.5 liter

Tonya
09-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Spin I am sorry for what you are dealing with. But just be thankful you were not more seriously injured. Please take it easy for a few days.

ScottB
09-12-2007, 07:06 PM
If you carry comp your insurance company will pay for accident minus deductible. If car is totaled dont accept first offer, get several comps and show them your value. If they repair the car and sue the kid or parents, you can likely also ask for deductible and diminished value.

Reddwarf
09-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Oh man that is terrible! Thank G-d you were not hurt. That is the important part. Sorry to hear about this.

klumzypinoy
09-13-2007, 04:07 AM
SPiN, It's good you're ok! My mom had sort of the same accident...this vehicle hit her from behind, and that sent my mom hitting the vehicle in front of her. She was in pain and had to go into therapy because the air bag didn't deploy. She hasn't gotten any money yet, but she's all good now. I'm glad you didn't have to go through anything worse than you did!