PDA

View Full Version : Microfibres towel problem

Charlieboy1
07-15-2015, 06:52 AM
Hi people

I have some microfibres towels from rag master the blue edge ones there border less towels
I'm starting to have issues with the towel fibres flopping instead of standing up and also find
That they feel a tad rough when feeling them running my hand across the top of the fibres.

I have washed them correctly with non bio type products and also microfiber wash products

Does any one here know why this keeps happening

Thanks
Charlie a

Billy Baldone
07-15-2015, 07:07 AM
Im unfamilliar with that towel. Are you not able to get Cobra microfiber where you live? I have tried other microfibers from other companies other than Cobra brand, I know that other swear by other brands but I have never had an issue with any Cobra brand towel that I purchased from autogeek. I have had problems with linting and other towels just not lasting very long from other companies

Billy Baldone
07-15-2015, 07:14 AM
My point is, it might beca quality issue

Charlieboy1
07-15-2015, 08:06 AM
Thanks the only problem is I live in the uk

Charlieboy1
07-15-2015, 08:07 AM
These are the towels I am using http://www.ragmasteruk.co.uk/16-x-24-detail-master-pro-eagle-edgeless-blue/

Ccrew
07-15-2015, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE=Charlieboy1;1273526]

I have washed them correctly with non bio type products and also microfiber wash products

Does any one here know why this keeps happening
/QUOTE]

Well, lets start at the beginning? Define your wash and dry process. temperatures, products, etc.

What products are you using with the towels? sealants, waxes, coatings, everything including the dog, etc.

In my experience microfiber issues are more user created than product created. Not to say there's not bad product out there but when troubleshooting the problem it's frequently best to start at the beginning.

Charlieboy1
07-15-2015, 08:35 AM
Ok I start by washing towels at 30 degree wash on the delicates setting

Then sometimes I may dry the towels on the lowest setting on delicates for about 10 mins

I use these towels with quick detailer spray , compounds,polishes,and sealants

MI Mike
07-15-2015, 08:36 AM
What were towels being used for ?? Wax removal, drying, etc. Did fabric softener get into wash process ?? I have the same towels, and have not any problems. As others have said, let's start from the beginning !!!

Charlieboy1
07-15-2015, 08:45 AM
These towels have been used for quick detailer spray,and sealants

Charlieboy1
07-15-2015, 08:46 AM
I wonder if the problem will go away