PDA

View Full Version : Another skin crawling moment for ocd

Pages : [1] 2

DogRescuer
07-15-2015, 05:56 AM
I went over to my neighbor who was getting ready to wash her pretty nice new Chevy Malibu white, now she's told me several times "I need you to wash n wax my car" ( if I had a dollar for every time someone said that well I'd have a ton of dollars ). I asked what you using as soap she said any " detergent I have laying around" that hurt. Then I asked what wash media you using she said "any rag I have laying around ", OUCH. Well I went home and sobbed and no I didn't offer my services to her, my wife says that I need to stop pestering people about jobs. My wife says offer 1 time and leave it in their hands, which is tuff because I want and need the money (work ) bad. Thanks for listening.

tpr1634
07-15-2015, 06:04 AM
Was she using dish washing soap, I had a pretty full bottle of Meg's OTC car soap that has sat for years so I donated it to him.

DogRescuer
07-15-2015, 06:24 AM
Was she using dish washing soap, I had a pretty full bottle of Meg's OTC car soap that has sat for years so I donated it to him.

It sounded like she was using um laundry detergent

Paul A.
07-15-2015, 07:29 AM
All of my neighbors who had an interest in what i do are now customers. I will clarify that to say of the maybe 8-10 close neighbors i know, i do 4 of them regularly. Let me explain...

I have approached every one of them washing their cars and in a very friendly and polite way inquired as to their "process". I then, very carefully and amicably, gauge their interest in it as a beautification step or a chore to simply complete. The results over the years range from what you experienced ("oh, any soap i have layin' around"!) to an actual interest into how to do it right. Those that had an interest are now customers. I still visit with those neighbors who have no clue nor any interest in doing it to AG standards and we now talk about sports, the weather or the Grecian banking system.

Audios S6
07-15-2015, 07:38 AM
It sounded like she was using um laundry detergent

The granular stuff too, with no water, right?

That's a tough one with the neighbor. You don't want to be like the family member that fixes computers; every time someone can't log in, they are calling you at all hours.

I don't see any harm in getting paid to fix it up, then showing her proper technique and donating an older wash mitt and some soap you don't use any more, or a few ounces from a gallon. With amazon, there's no excuse for someone not to get a decent soap, you can have a 16 oz bottle of mr. pink at your house in 2 days for less than $10, that 16 oz should take care of a non-geek for at least a year.

FUNX650
07-15-2015, 08:01 AM
:Picture: of the neighbor Lady.

Bob

Ccrew
07-15-2015, 08:09 AM

Ok. I snorted coffee on my keyboard.

Audios S6
07-15-2015, 08:12 AM

Bob

I don't think she was doing THAT kind of car wash :laughing:

Paul A.
07-15-2015, 09:22 AM
I'm with Bob...still need pictures.

Riff
07-15-2015, 12:21 PM

Bob

Hahahahahahahaha

KBsToy
07-15-2015, 02:10 PM
Was she doing the car wash like the lady in cool hand luke ...Im the MAN

Ebg18t
07-15-2015, 06:09 PM
Did she at least look good while she was washing the car? Maybe that is a redeeming quality?

custmsprty
07-15-2015, 06:17 PM
Cool thing happened to me today. I was leaving Publix and a Silver Nissan Rogue identical year was parked next to mine and the couple were leaving at the same time as me. I'd say they were retired and in their late 60's. Now remember mine is white, not very much of a show color right. I heard the wife say to the husband, that's a real "pretty" color. I said thank you and told them it's all in the detail and got in my Rogue and left. :buffing:

wdmaccord
07-15-2015, 06:18 PM
I'm glad I hadn't just put a drink of beer in my mouth when I read Bob's post. I would have had to chide him for causing me to abuse alcohol (aka spitting out good beer). I suppose my screen and keyboard would have been disinfected though.

DogRescuer
07-16-2015, 05:15 AM

Bob

Now thats a slippery slope