PDA

View Full Version : lexol leather condtioner, sticky

asianisafish
07-14-2015, 09:25 PM
I deep cleaned my leather seats and steering wheel and the results were fantastic. They were shiny and are now matte looking and the stitching looks flawless.

I found a bottle of lexol leather condition lying around, so I decided to use it. I applied it to my seats and it then wiped off. But it leaves my seats a little sticky with a sheen to it?

Am I using it wrong? Or is that how it is. Any other recommended products that leave no sheen or shine at all?

Leather is from a BMW 2004 330ci. Gray leather

SlvrDragon50
07-14-2015, 09:30 PM
Did you shake the Lexol bottle?

I've used Lexol cleaner and conditioner on my motorcycle leathers repeatedly without ever feeling sticky residue.

pheerix
07-14-2015, 09:38 PM
I also find Lexol to be stinky and have a sticky residue as you describe. Stopped using it. Been using a free Pinnacle leather conditioner that I got from my last AGO order and like it a lot. Only complaint is that it leaves a little slippery residue but wears off after a few days.

asianisafish
07-15-2015, 01:00 AM
I shook it alot, it seems to dry sticky before I can wipe it off easily

Ebg18t
07-15-2015, 05:18 AM
I had the same issue on my motorcycle leathers 8-9 years ago. I ended up cleaning them again and started using Leather Masters products. For me their products worked much better than Lexol. The leather Masters product works awesome on my VW-Audi leather too.