PDA

View Full Version : Tire Dressings?

Pages : [1] 2

BlackHawk1
07-14-2015, 07:19 PM
I doubt this has ever been asked before ;)

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel, CarPro PERL, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus or Meguiars Tire & Trim Gel...

I'd like to hear what you thoughts are on these tire dressings. Thanks.

Mike lambert
07-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Gave all of them up once I tried Gyeon tyre

Mike lambert
07-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Sorry, forgot about that rule!

The Guz
07-14-2015, 08:03 PM
I have only used Meguiar's D163 Tire & Trim Gel and I like it. For me it lasts about 2-3 weeks. It's my go to most of the time.

Some of the recent ones I used that work well are Pinnacle Black Onyx (new formula) and Blackfire Total Eclipse.

trekkeruss
07-14-2015, 08:29 PM
I can't give feedback on any of the products you listed. The last premium brand dressing I used was Pinnacle Black Onyx, which for me was nothing special.

I gave up on traditional dressings and use either Tuf Shine Black Restore (NOT their Tire Clear Coat), or Turtle Wax's Jet Black Endura Shine Tire Coating. They give me the finish I want, don't sling because they dry to the touch, and last weeks if not months.

BlackHawk1
07-14-2015, 08:45 PM
Thanks! My ideal product would be something that has the look of 303 Aerospace Protectant when *first* applied and would last a while. 303 also applies nicely in my opinion. In recent years I mainly use Megs All Season Dressing, and Megs Endurance Tire Gel. I'm starting to feel that the greasy look is a bit much. :)

spewking
07-14-2015, 08:48 PM
I like PERL. It lasts 3 weeks and looks good.

I do use Tuf shine on wifey's car and it is awesome.

SRConcepts
07-14-2015, 08:53 PM
I use PERL undiluted on tires, as well as various other places on vehicles since it's so versatile. I like the way it looks, and it has shown me good longevity as well.

MI Mike
07-14-2015, 09:06 PM
Here is a link for your review regarding dressings.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/91123-tire-dressing-3.html

kevincwelch
07-14-2015, 09:25 PM
I've used the following:

Griot's Garage rubber and vinyl dressing - sort of like it.
Pinnacle Black Onyx Spray - hated it.
Pinnacle Black Onyx Gel - loved it.
Sonax tire gel - liked it.
PERL neat - no joy
PERL 1:1 - no joy
DP tire coating - like it
Megs hyperdressing 2:1 - like it.
Blackfire AIO - loved it
Gyeon Q2 - purrrrrr

medicscott
07-14-2015, 09:32 PM
:iagree:
I've used the following:

Griot's Garage rubber and vinyl dressing - sort of like it.
Pinnacle Black Onyx Spray - hated it.
Pinnacle Black Onyx Gel - loved it.
Sonax tire gel - liked it.
PERL neat - no joy
PERL 1:1 - no joy
DP tire coating - like it
Megs hyperdressing 2:1 - like it.
Blackfire AIO - loved it
Gyeon Q2 - purrrrrr

:iagree:what he said! Not sure why you didn't like Black Onyx from Pinnacle but the new formula is awesome. Use with the blue sponge applicator and a little goes a long way. I swear that a 128oz bottle might out live me.

asianisafish
07-14-2015, 09:39 PM
I actually prefer megs natural shine vinyl and rubber protectant. It makes my tires very deep deep black with a low sheen.

kevincwelch
07-14-2015, 09:41 PM
Not sure why you didn't like Black Onyx from Pinnacle but the new formula is awesome. Use with the blue sponge applicator and a little goes a long way. I swear that a 128oz bottle might out live me.

I haven't used Black Onyx in a while, but I loved the gel. The spray I didn't like so much. Too runny. Slung. Didn't last long. Probably my application technique.

medicscott
07-14-2015, 10:00 PM
I haven't used Black Onyx in a while, but I loved the gel. The spray I didn't like so much. Too runny. Slung. Didn't last long. Probably my application technique.

Sorry I wasn't clear. The new Gel is awesome. Haven't used the spray. Gel lasts a very long time. Probably over a month and you can build shine from matte to super glossy by adding additional coats in 1 hour increments. I love it and don't use anything else.

Ebg18t
07-15-2015, 05:24 AM
I think it also depends on the tire and your local conditions. What may work well in California when it's dry during the summer may not work well in Florida or Hawaii when we get rain almost every afternoon.

I know my Michelins take dressing different than my GoodYears, Bridgestones and Nitto's. There is just something about the different rubber compounds.