PDA

View Full Version : Longevity comparison: Sprays vs AIO's

Hoytman
07-14-2015, 01:25 PM
I know this is sort of a wierd question, but I was wondering if anyone ever noticed the longevity differences between spray waxes and AIO products?

I'm thinking for basic details, i.e., wash-n-wax or maintenance waxing.

D151 (M66) vs D156 longevity, for example. Obviously, these products serve different purposes and application time is different, but is the longevity of their wax protection close?

Poli-seal vs OCW?

FUNX650
07-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Meguiar's D151/M66 contains (among other ingredients):
•Poly(dimethylsiloxane)...perhaps a precursor to an "LSP"?

Meguiar's D156 contains:
•Water...(88-98%)
•Conditioner...(Trade Secret)
•Sweet Orange Peel Tincture

Note:
I don't see anything that resembles the makings of any LSPs
in D156...unless, perhaps, it's in the TS-Conditioner...

So:
I'll go out on a limb and say that both D151 and M66
will have greater longevity than D156.

Optimum's Poli-Seal contains:
•Polymers, water, additives, petroleum distillates...
-which, IMO, means there's "some presence" of an LSP.

Optimum (Spray) Car Wax contains:
•A high-grade Carnauba wax, sealant polymers,
and UV inhibitors.
-which, IMO, means there's a "large presence" of an LSP.

So:
I'll go out on another limb and say that, although both
of these Optimum products appear to be able to provide
LSP-protective qualities...OCW---due to it being a dedicated
LSP---will have more longevity than Poli-Seal.

Just my viewpoint.

Bob

Hoytman
07-14-2015, 02:24 PM
Thanks for sharing your view point, Bob.

Was thinking about getting some D156, but it sounds like the OCW I have is the better choice.

If you've used both are ease of application and removal similar? I've yet to use my OCW. The only spray wax I have used is my Duragloss Aquawax.

mcleod52
07-14-2015, 03:52 PM
I never used D151 or M66, but D156 is one of my staples. I use it every second wash on my main ride.

I've hit a couple of our cars that had not been waxed in years and they are still beading up a couple months after application. So whatever the "conditioner" is it appears to last for me.

Hoytman
07-14-2015, 03:54 PM
Do you think OCW would last longer than D151, or M66?

Then there's M20/M21 to consider. It seems like I recall at least one of them having chemical cleaners in it...thinking M20. Not sure if M21 does or not. I don't think either contain abrasives.

That said, I wonder how close M20 and PBPWS are? I don't recall reading that PBPWS has abrasives, rather, chemical cleaners. My memory may not serve me well though.

silverfox
07-14-2015, 03:56 PM
D156 twice a month...is all you need. Its just flat out great.

Hoytman
07-14-2015, 03:57 PM
I never used D151 or M66, but D156 is one of my staples. I use it every second wash on my main ride.

I've hit a couple of our cars that had not been waxed in years and they are still beading up a couple months after application. So whatever the "conditioner" is it appears to last for me.

Was considering either D156 or OCW, perhaps both, for maintenance washes. I think that's a service that could work around here and would allow me a chance help the customer a bit and help myself.

RandyD
07-14-2015, 04:29 PM
What do you guys think of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant as compared to OCW or Meg D156?

The Guz
07-14-2015, 04:42 PM
D156 is great. I just recently found out that it does have a hint of carnauba in it.

Do you think OCW would last longer than D151, or M66?

Then there's M20/M21 to consider. It seems like I recall at least one of them having chemical cleaners in it...thinking M20. Not sure if M21 does or not. I don't think either contain abrasives.

That said, I wonder how close M20 and PBPWS are? I don't recall reading that PBPWS has abrasives, rather, chemical cleaners. My memory may not serve me well though.

M20 has a cleaner and M21 is a polish/wax with no cleaners.