PDA

View Full Version : Question redo?

Ricorocks
07-13-2015, 02:16 PM
I finished my AUDI, wash > clay > polish > sealant > wax.

Now I see, an on the hood an area, I'd like to re-do. The rest of the car is fine, how do I strip the hood, for the re-do, polish phase. Without stripping the rest of the car.

When I stripped for this prep. I used CG Citrus Wash & Gloss 1oz/gal. If I tried this on the hood, alone I would probably have to re-do the whole car.

Thanks
Rico

Paul A.
07-13-2015, 07:26 PM
What process are you going to redo? If you're taking a machine/pad/polish to it i wouldn't worry about stripping the sealant and wax...the machining will take it off for you. If that's the case i would wash the area and have at the polishing then seal and wax again.

I am assuming you maybe left some below surface imperfections underneath the sealant and wax. And even if you are hell bent on stripping off the sealant and wax, why would you need to strip the entire vehicle if you stripped the hood? Maybe i'm missing something and if so i apologize. As i read what you want to do, it seems like you want to refine an area and then reapply what the rest of the vehicle already has.

Ricorocks
07-13-2015, 09:24 PM
Hi Puckman,

You must be into hockey?

I want to do the hood again, & thought I would need to strip wax, sealant off. But I guess, the DA & one of the cutting polishes, will strip the wax & sealant, allowing the polish, to correct the minor flaws. Now choosing the between brands:

M205, V38 or Menzema 4000 - I believe all are pretty equal or minor in cut.

Now this seems to have been a silly question, but that's okay. Right?

FYI - I was thinking if I made up that strong wash, which was originally used to strip old product off. I would get, that soap, all over, thus requiring a whole redo

Thanks
Rico

wils91
07-13-2015, 11:13 PM
just do a rinseless or waterless on the hood, and then re polish, and if your satisfied reapply the sealant/wax. the polishing will 'strip' your wax and sealant that you had applied previously.

Ricorocks
07-14-2015, 08:23 AM
Thanks Amigos!!!!!:nomore: