PDA

View Full Version : Can I protect adjustible shocks with LSP?

4u2nvinmtl
07-13-2015, 01:08 PM
Hi Mike,

I recently purchased some adjustable coil overs to lower my 09 Jeep SRT8. The coil overs are threaded and have multiple adjustments (spring preload, damping, hight). I'd like to protect the shocks with something I have and possibly follow up with a coating (if necessary).

FYI: my last set of adjustable shocks didn't make it through their first winter and the manufacturer claims it's because dirt got into the seal and I didn't properly maintain them (I wheels off detailed twice last year, apparently that isnt good enough).

LSP's I currently have:

FK-1000p
Klasse twins (KAIO & KSG)
Collinite 845
Blackfire Wet Diamond
Blackfire Midnight Sun

*Looks are a non-issue as the shocks won't be visible for the most part and protection is paramount.

Can I protect my shocks with LSP?

If so:

Out of the products I currently own (listed above) what would you recommend to protect the shocks?
Out of the products you know what would you recommend to protect the shocks?

If not:

What would you recommend to ensure longevity?

Note: I plan to clean the shocks before I make any adjustments.

Thank you!

evo77
07-13-2015, 01:35 PM
I would think that anything that is painted or powdercoated can be covered with a wax/sealant/coating.

4u2nvinmtl
07-13-2015, 01:48 PM
I would think that anything that is painted or powdercoated can be covered with a wax/sealant/coating.

Yeah, that was my thought too. I'm just not sure how the sealant will protect moving parts (friction) or if the sealants will adversely affect the threading on the shocks.