PDA

View Full Version : Water spots in 1.5 weeks??

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
07-13-2015, 01:04 PM
So I did my 2015 polish and threw two coats of 845 on it. Nothing different than any other year. But I got some damn deep water spots in the paint already. Is it something I did wrong or maybe the new area I moved into?

Does that meguiars water spot remover spray work well w.o paint damage? Does it remove the LSP?

What do you guys think.

tdekany
07-13-2015, 01:22 PM
You are not providing enough info, so there is no way for us to guess what has happened. The best water spot remover is made by 3D (called Eraser) and yes it will remove your wax. How else would it remove water spots and not the LSP?

Loach
07-13-2015, 01:44 PM
The new area you moved into probably has some crazy hard water coming out of the sprinkler systems. The best way to avoid water spots is to avoid getting bombarded by hard water sources, so check to see if it's hitting the car overnight and see if you can adjust the spray pattern away from the car. And I would plan on reapplying 845 after going over the paint with a water spot remover.

kevincwelch
07-13-2015, 02:13 PM
The best water spot remover is made by 3D (called Eraser)...

Why is this the best?

Rsurfer
07-13-2015, 02:56 PM
You are not providing enough info, so there is no way for us to guess what has happened. The best water spot remover is made by 3D (called Eraser) and yes it will remove your wax. How else would it remove water spots and not the LSP?

Why is this the best?

And have you tried MX7 to compare?Feed back please

tdekany
07-13-2015, 02:58 PM
I compared 3D's to 2 other products and there was a day and night difference. never tried MX7. Who makes that?

Rsurfer
07-13-2015, 03:02 PM
I compared 3D's to 2 other products and there was a day and night difference. never tried MX7. Who makes that?

MX7 Industries.

kevincwelch
07-13-2015, 03:06 PM
Sounds like a personal opinion then. What were the other two products you tried?

I've used Carpro spotless before, and it works pretty well. But, I have no data to suggest it ranks #1 or #last. In that same vein, if 3D Eraser happens to be the best out there, I'd be one who would be interested in picking up some.

Let's see some tests.

FUNX650
07-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Does that meguiars water spot remover spray work well w.o paint damage?
If used as recommended:
M47 will work very well;
and should never damage paint.

Bob

tdekany
07-13-2015, 03:25 PM
Sounds like a personal opinion then. What were the other two products you tried?

I've used Carpro spotless before, and it works pretty well. But, I have no data to suggest it ranks #1 or #last. In that same vein, if 3D Eraser happens to be the best out there, I'd be one who would be interested in picking up some.

Let's see some tests.

Well, what else would be other than personal opinion. :confused:

The other 2 were Carpro's and Optimum's.

No comparison - like trying a glaze to correct vs a compound.

kevincwelch
07-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Well, what else would be other than personal opinion. :confused:

Fact.

Data.

Evidence.

Supposition.

Conclusion.

tdekany
07-13-2015, 03:46 PM
Fact.

Data.

Evidence.

Supposition.

Conclusion.

So please give just one example in the detailing industry that is not based on opinions

kevincwelch
07-13-2015, 04:18 PM
So please give just one example in the detailing industry that is not based on opinions

Flex top OPM 9600.
Porter Cable top OPM is 6800.

tdekany
07-13-2015, 04:30 PM
Flex top OPM 9600.
Porter Cable top OPM is 6800.

You are comparing objective with subjective.

Listen, no one is forcing you to try the product. Personally, I couldn't care less what you use to eliminate water spots. I want a product that works as claimed. Carpro's "to me" is a joke. It doesn't work on water spots around here. Initially it seems to but the spots come right back. Who wants to do multiple tries when 3D's works superior the first time?

Have a nice day.

kevincwelch
07-13-2015, 04:39 PM
You are comparing objective with subjective.

Kudos. Now you know the difference between fact and opinion.