PDA

View Full Version : Soveran vs. MaxWax

Pages : [1] 2

makdaddy626
09-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Soveran vs. MaxWax - has anyone tried both of these - can you really see a difference?

pirex
09-11-2007, 11:13 AM
I like Souveran better on solid colors! But maxwax is sweet on metallic paint ;)

Jimmie
09-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Yep, I've tried both. They are both great, and I'd say "No" not all that big of difference. BUT, you just know. Hard to describe but there's a glow that's easier to spot with Souveran.

Jimmie
09-11-2007, 11:33 AM
That would be a fun test at DF III. See if people can guess what car has what wax.

I may have to get there a week early, get in the warehouse, grab a few waxes, and get ready for the rest of you to arrive.:D:D:D

ScottB
09-11-2007, 03:37 PM
MaxWax is great on all colors and a nice choice especially at its price point as is Pinnacles SSII. I would however offer than Souveran Paste is above both especially when given colors like red, black, and yellow specifically.

makdaddy626
09-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I've heard SSII for metalics and Soveran for red and blacks, what about metalic black?

supercharged
09-12-2007, 04:55 AM
Souveran on solid yellow, red, and dark paints...
DP Max wax on light paints and metallics...

THENIZZZEIL
09-12-2007, 07:37 AM
I've heard SSII for metalics and Soveran for red and blacks, what about metalic black?

see i knew i wasn't the only one that had that question luring in my mind

im going to have to get Joseph to drive his arse all the way down here and have him do a panel of this black bmw (with metallics) with his ss2 and ill do another panel with my souveran...haha

but yea from my udnerstanding souveran = red, black, yellow (anything dark)

maxwax=ss2 = metallics and lights (whites etc)?

you guys can correct me if im wrong

pirex
09-12-2007, 09:20 AM

im going to have to get Joseph to drive his arse all the way down here and have him do a panel of this black bmw (with metallics) with his ss2 and ill do another panel with my souveran...haha

I would say you have it right there ;) Oh, and pinnacle liquid souveran is great on white :D

But its always nice to do some tests! What I think is nice, you can think is ugly :P

klumzypinoy
09-13-2007, 04:35 AM

Hahah...If I could do it I would!

tod071
09-13-2007, 05:00 AM
Yep, I've tried both. They are both great, and I'd say "No" not all that big of difference. BUT, you just know. Hard to describe but there's a glow that's easier to spot with Souveran.
That's interesting. I've been wanting to know the difference, if any, between these 2 as well. I have DP MW, but don't have PS yet. Would you guys recommend still getting the PS for darker colors if there is not a big difference?

FMINUS
09-13-2007, 09:28 AM
:iagree: BOTH GREAT WAXES!
I like souveran on FLAT colors as well.

I like Souveran better on solid colors! But maxwax is sweet on metallic paint ;)

makdaddy626
09-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks for all the input. So far, I like the way MaxWax looks on my black metalic (put another coat on last night) so I guess I'll stick with it for a while, used Liquid Soveran (Thanks Meghan!) on my wife's white jeep and it looks great as well. So now Soveran for me for now... what to get instead????

P1et
09-13-2007, 12:40 PM
How is durability on both? I heard that because Souveran is a beauty wax that it lacks as far as that is concerned.

blkexcoupe
09-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Souveran is a beauty wax, and from my experience last about 3 days on a daily driver thats left outside all the time. Max wax will last about 2 weeks on the same car.