PDA

View Full Version : Full Detail - Q on LSP Prep

spewking
07-13-2015, 04:15 AM
Did a full detail on a pearl white MDX this weekend. Ironx, citrus wash, uber wheel cleaner, nanoskin, wheel detail with clay/CQUK/tuf shine, correction and polish with Menzerna SIP (1000) with blue hybrid pads on the flex 3401, menzerna 4000 with black hybrids.

Now ready for LSP ---using wolfgang for first time. Will use eraser wipe down prior to application.

Question is what is your routine for preparing car before LSP is applied? I want to get rid of all compound dust and polish that's in seams and cracks, around emblems, on rubber, etc.

Do you take the time to wipe all these areas down before LSP application? Any tricks, products, or routines that you have found helpful? I am planing on using an MF with eraser for these areas. Have some griots rubber cleaner to use on rubber. Perhaps a toothbrush with eraser to clean around emblems.

Last question. I am applying DLux on black plastic running boards, and front and rear bumpers. Planning on prepping with APC and eraser wipe down. Do you recommend prepping the black plastic before or after LSP is applied? I can see the benefits and drawbacks both ways.

Sorry for the long email. Have the car for a few days and so I have time to play around so I want to get your thoughts on doing it right.

Thanks,

David

spewking
07-13-2015, 03:59 PM
Did a full detail on a pearl white MDX this weekend. Ironx, citrus wash, uber wheel cleaner, nanoskin, wheel detail with clay/CQUK/tuf shine, correction and polish with Menzerna SIP (1000) with blue hybrid pads on the flex 3401, menzerna 4000 with black hybrids.

Now ready for LSP ---using wolfgang for first time. Will use eraser wipe down prior to application.

Question is what is your routine for preparing car before LSP is applied? I want to get rid of all compound dust and polish that's in seams and cracks, around emblems, on rubber, etc.

Do you take the time to wipe all these areas down before LSP application? Any tricks, products, or routines that you have found helpful? I am planing on using an MF with eraser for these areas. Have some griots rubber cleaner to use on rubber. Perhaps a toothbrush with eraser to clean around emblems.

Last question. I am applying DLux on black plastic running boards, and front and rear bumpers. Planning on prepping with APC and eraser wipe down. Do you recommend prepping the black plastic before or after LSP is applied? I can see the benefits and drawbacks both ways.

Sorry for the long email. Have the car for a few days and so I have time to play around so I want to get your thoughts on doing it right.

Thanks,

David

Bump...any help appreciated....:dblthumb2:

Paul A.
07-13-2015, 07:00 PM
Some folks feel most comfortable doing another full wash after major correction. I have done it before but only after suffering a LOT of product dusting. I now use Eraser and a MF to wipe down before LSP. I also use a spray bottle of ONR and a fine brush for emblems, trim crevices etc. Eraser around emblems would be fine.

On plastic trim pieces i clean the living crap out of it with maybe an APC or isopropyl alcohol with a brush, then my dressing to finish.