PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Maserati Ghibli Full Paint Correction

medicscott
07-12-2015, 08:00 PM
This was one of the more fun ones for a few reasons. Not only did I get to work on a fantastic machine, but more importantly I got to host one of our fellow geekers Paul, who is just starting out and wanted to learn a few tips and tricks. For a new guy he's aok in my book, and has a bright future ahead of him as a detailer.

Lucky fore me, I learned some great stuff from him as well, we made a good team.

Now onto the car. The customer pretty much trashed the inside of this car, but the outside for a daily driver was in pretty good shape. The tries were totally bald and the car had 10K miles on it. We also took care of any road rash and chips with the Dr. Colorchip system.

This paint correction and coating took 19 hours total, but in the end this puppy was dripping wet black all over the place. The reflections on this beast were insane.

Process:

1. Pinnacle Suds Foam Bath & Engine Bay Cleaned with Blackfire All In One Tire And Trim Protectant
2. Tires attacked with Griots Cleaner, Blackfire All in one Tire and Trim Protectant. Then sealed with Pinnacle Diamond Wheel Coating
3. Nanoskin Mitt with Pinnacle Clay Lube
4. Dr. Colorchip repairs made
5. Menzerna FG400 with Flex 3401 LC Orange Hybrid Pads
6. Menzerna SF4500 with Flex 3401 LC Black Hybrid Pads
7. Carpro Eraser the entire car
8. CQuartz UK Edition 1 coat
9. Interior attacked with Tornador and Pinnacle 1:5 APC
10. Vacuum, Steamed, and removed winter stains inside
11. Pinnacle leather and vinyl cleaner & protectant on dash and instrument panel
12. CQuartz Leather front & rear seats
13. Carpro Reload entire paint
14. Covered for owner as he is overseas for a month

Here are the pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0ih9g724alk3rp1/AABLYhe0GdjMHAXbw-z0q0v4a?dl=0

S4Dallas
07-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Looks GREAT!!

OTSDetail
07-12-2015, 11:50 PM
Looks awesome!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-13-2015, 03:17 AM
Fantastic work Scott! Looking good. :xyxthumbs:

sproketser
07-13-2015, 09:20 AM
Top job mate . Love the kit that you have in there , nice tip !