PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Fuzion and Blackfire Midnight Sun questions

Rob4092xx
07-12-2015, 03:09 PM
I have been using Wolfgang "Fuzion" and Blackfire "midnight Sun" carnauba wax on my lime green Lambo Gallardo and have a few questions I hope some of you experts can answer.

Fuzion and Midnight Sun are like nothing I have ever used before. You wipe the product on then immediately wipe it off. They don't dry or haze over. They always remains moist. It reminds me of wiping butter on my car and then immediately wiping it off.

Waxes and sealants I have used over the years always require the product to haze over and dry before removing. This is what I am familiar with.

Does Fuzion and Midnight Sun type products provide the protection I need? I usually wax about once per month and have never washed the Gallardo since I don't take it out if the weather isn't perfect. It sits under a cover in my garage. I just wipe it down after every drive with Optimum No Rinse (ONR) at 4 caps to 32 oz. in a spray bottle. Then wipe the ONR off with a thick microfiber "blue" towel from Auto Geek.

Is this what I need to be doing? Is using Fuzion and Midnight Sun so frequently likely taking any contaminants off? Or, should I use a cleaner/wax everyone in a while to keep the paint free of contaminants. Keep in mind I live in Phoenix and, based upon the few miles I drive each month, and never have bug, sap, mud, etc., contaminant issues.

Any advice how to use Fuzion and Midnight Sun type carnauba waxes would be greatly appreciated!!!!

One more thing....the only real difference I see between Fuzion and Midnight Sun is the price. They apply, remove, look and feel exactly the same. Fuzion is considerably higher priced. Is the extra cost for Fuzion necessary???

Thanks all!

Rob4092xx
07-12-2015, 03:27 PM
One more question......both Fuzion and Midnight Sun seem to work great on black plastic trim. Has anyone had any issue with this????

Bunky
07-12-2015, 05:49 PM
These are beauty waxes and the durability is usually less than waxes and sealants if exposed to the elements (rain, sun).

I do not think it stains trim.

Better? You will need to decide for yourself. Often one wax may react slightly different with a specific (makes flake sparkle, darkens paint, etc) so it can depend.

ScottB
07-12-2015, 06:11 PM
One more question......both Fuzion and Midnight Sun seem to work great on black plastic trim. Has anyone had any issue with this????

Generally speaking, waxes with cleaners and abrasives often leave the white stains on trim. These waxes have no appreciable cleaners or abrasives, they are designed simply to protect paint. Longevity and durability often come down to environment and wash products.

They are different formulas and different designs. As to needing both, that's a personal choice. You may want to also try others like Pinnacle Souveran, Pinnacle Sig Series II, DP Max Wax and others. Many different price points and most are regarded as great final waxes.

Mydnyghte
07-12-2015, 06:18 PM
I've got both of those waxes, and my preference goes towards Fuzion. I've got a black Mustang, and the Fuzion gives the paint much more depth where the BFMS is just shine. Now, like I said, that is for my black car, and as Bunky said, it depends on how it reacts with your paint. They both go on incredibly well, but I would gladly pay the higher price for Fuzion just because it makes my paint look stooopid good. Yes, with three "o"s. But bottom line, it's all about your preference.
I've never thought to try it on trim though, but hey, if it works, it works! I'd love to see some before/after pics of that.
My car, like yours, never gets driven in bad weather. I do a good paint cleaning once a year, actually just finished going over it with Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, but will need to do a more in depth correction soon.
Buy yourself a good, bright flashlight and take a close look at your paint; see if you find any swirls, bug/tar residue...etc. and go from there. I noticed this year that some small swirls and waterspots didn't come out with the Finishing Glaze, so it will need a good compounding at some point.

swanicyouth
07-12-2015, 07:31 PM
I have been using Wolfgang "Fuzion" and Blackfire "midnight Sun" carnauba wax on my lime green Lambo Gallardo and have a few questions I hope some of you experts can answer.

Fuzion and Midnight Sun are like nothing I have ever used before. You wipe the product on then immediately wipe it off. They don't dry or haze over. They always remains moist. It reminds me of wiping butter on my car and then immediately wiping it off.

Waxes and sealants I have used over the years always require the product to haze over and dry before removing. This is what I am familiar with.

Does Fuzion and Midnight Sun type products provide the protection I need? I usually wax about once per month and have never washed the Gallardo since I don't take it out if the weather isn't perfect. It sits under a cover in my garage. I just wipe it down after every drive with Optimum No Rinse (ONR) at 4 caps to 32 oz. in a spray bottle. Then wipe the ONR off with a thick microfiber "blue" towel from Auto Geek.

Is this what I need to be doing? Is using Fuzion and Midnight Sun so frequently likely taking any contaminants off? Or, should I use a cleaner/wax everyone in a while to keep the paint free of contaminants. Keep in mind I live in Phoenix and, based upon the few miles I drive each month, and never have bug, sap, mud, etc., contaminant issues.

Any advice how to use Fuzion and Midnight Sun type carnauba waxes would be greatly appreciated!!!!

One more thing....the only real difference I see between Fuzion and Midnight Sun is the price. They apply, remove, look and feel exactly the same. Fuzion is considerably higher priced. Is the extra cost for Fuzion necessary???

Thanks all!

The only issue I see here isn't the wax your using (both are fine for your purposes), but just doing wipedowns on the car opposed to washing. This will lead to marring no matter how much of a garage queen it is (assuming it actually gets driven).

IMHO, car covers are bad if you are into detailing. In the real world the car is always somewhat dirty, and no matter how careful you are - that car cover is manipulating some of the dirt against your paint. This goes against the #1 rule of detailing - don't touch the paint more than you have to.

I wouldn't rely on wax to keep contaminants off. You need to invest in a clay towel.

I guess it just depends how particular you are.

Rob4092xx
07-12-2015, 07:37 PM
I know exactly what you mean but for some odd reason, the Lamborghini Verde Ithica (lime green) is a very deep, pearl paint with a tiny bit of metallic in it. You cannot see swirl marks, marring or anything else in it. I have never had a paint like this!