PDA

View Full Version : 2008 lime green Escape

mcate
07-12-2015, 07:31 AM
Ok, they can't ALL be fun, cool cars! Daily driver with 150k+ miles, so the owner wasn't worried about a full correction. (Thank God!). Clayed the car, then did a thorough polish with Menz SF4000, then IPA wipedown, then a coat of Menz PL sealant. Cleaned interior vinyl with Meg's M40, & scrubbed floor matts & carpet with Chemical Guys Fabric Cleaner. Cleaned the exterior trim & treated with Poorboy's Trim Restorer. Scrubbed the hell out of the running boards with brushes & several different APC's before giving up & soaking them in Trim Restorer several times. Cleaned glass inside & out with newspaper & some sort of glass cleaner. I forget. Treated tired w/Poorboy's Bold n Black. Lastly, polished the chrome grill with Mother's chrome polish. Anyway, owner will pick up today. Hopefully she'll like.

MoBenzOwner
07-12-2015, 08:53 AM
I'm sure she will be impressed. Car looks like it has been pretty well kept for having 150k on the clock.
Good Job!

mcate
07-12-2015, 09:23 AM
Thanx! It's a woman I work with at my day job. Word is getting around the office that I detail. I don't really go looking for business, but it seems to find me! The paint on the roof wasn't oxidized at all, which would lead me to believe the car is garaged. But the condition of the running boards makes me unsure.

Sicoupe
07-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Looks great!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-13-2015, 03:02 AM
Nice transformation.

mcate
07-13-2015, 08:31 AM
Thanx! Owner was very happy, & I have a new customer.