PDA

View Full Version : Going rinseless only

Calendyr
07-12-2015, 02:42 AM
Hey guys,

I am thinking about going rinseless wash only and stop carrying around hoses and pressure washers.

I am wondering if any of you guys have done that and if so if you ever have issues not having the hose with you?

My biggest fear is wheels. Most of the vehicles I do have a ton of break dust on them, not certain I could do as good a job without the pressure washer.

Please let me know what you think.

Klasse Act
07-12-2015, 06:41 AM
Well you could get yourself a good hand pump, I've even seen them battery powered so you don't have to pump it up by hand. I see your mobile and you really need "something" to rinse down the wheels, tires and wheelwells when doing a wash.

I'm sure Canadian Tire carries this, I mean, what don't they have, LOL!

Mask
07-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Meguiars wheel brightener follow with rinseless and black wheel towel is the best I can think of :p

FinishingTouchA
07-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Meguiars wheel brightener follow with rinseless and black wheel towel is the best I can think of :p

Though if you do go this route, make sure to wear gloves, and I can't imagine towels and mitts would hold up very long to acid haha. Love the stuff, but not so sure I would use it if I couldn't really flush it all away.

Kamakaz1961
07-12-2015, 12:55 PM
I have gone the rinseless wash route as I live in Southern CA. I will do the normal 2-bucket 2-grit guard method as usual. However, I will clean the wheels with the rinseless wash LAST. Blasphemy!! I know when you are doing a regular wash (foam gun, wash) the wheels/tires are 1st, however, rinseless wash I do them last.

The car is clean and you are not splashing any water as you are using your mitt (dedicated wash mitt for the wheels). Then I dry a used terry cloth bath towel (blot dry) and then dry with a dedicated MF wheel towel.

I will follow up with an APC for the spots I missed. So far, it has been going well.

Again, with a rinseless wash IMO you do not have to clean the wheels 1st. Doing it last is OK as no water or dirt is splashing back to the car.

Kengo123
07-12-2015, 01:13 PM
I'd just ditch the pressure washer and carry a hose and nozzle just in case. As a mobile service, you never know what you will run into.