PDA

View Full Version : Customer window and hood streak

GenesisCoupe
07-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Hey all,

A customer from 1.5 years ago has contacted me and told me that ever since I detailed his car there is a unknown streak on the passenger window that won't come out. He also stated that there is a streak on his hood which wasn't there before. Keep in mind I did this car 1.5 years ago.

I offered to come out to him and take a look. This is the very first time since 2008 that I had an unhappy customer.

I did a light polish on the paint, it was very hard but Menzerna 4500 was used and it did the job well. All that was done to the windows was Windex..

Anyone have any input ?

conman1395
07-12-2015, 12:07 AM
If it's your only unhappy customer since 2008, I'd just suck it up and deal with it, but explain to him what you did and that if there's an issue to contact you earlier than 1.5 years later.

Honestly, I don't know how someone can wait that long...

FOCUS.FREAK
07-12-2015, 12:26 AM
That's a long time ago. You didn't do anything else to the paint as far as what protection you used? Just wondering. For all we know he might just have some bird crap that stayed on the surface for too long. When most non detail people say something about their paint. .. ie a problem. Most of the time it's something completely different than what your expectations are.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
07-12-2015, 12:34 AM
1.5 years ago wow......... what could you have possibly done to his windows that you installed a streak that has lasted 1.5 years.

sometimes you just want to jump off a cliff from peoples expectations and blames

GenesisCoupe
07-12-2015, 12:43 AM
That's a long time ago. You didn't do anything else to the paint as far as what protection you used? Just wondering.

Yup.. CG Glossworkz followed by DoDo Rainforest Rub Wax.

Not sure why he waited that long. He had my number, knew where to find my on Facebook..

I am scheduled to meet up with him sometime this week to take a look. He said he tried everything on the window and had no luck taking the streak off..oh and while HE was trying to fix it, he chipped his glass..:dblthumb2:

I suppose he is lucky that i am even going to take a look at it 1.5 years later...

GenesisCoupe
07-12-2015, 12:45 AM
1.5 years ago wow......... what could you have possibly done to his windows that you installed a streak that has lasted 1.5 years.

sometimes you just want to jump off a cliff from peoples expectations and blames

Windex and a clean MF towel. lol

FOCUS.FREAK
07-12-2015, 01:07 AM
Keep us updated. It had to be something he did or happened. I don't see why anything you used on the paint would cause a "streak" especially just a polish with wax.

808_detail_nut
07-14-2015, 11:56 AM
Sounds like he want to blame you for something he probally did and get a free detail out of it. Make sure you have people sign off their car when they pick it up. Use mikes estimate template before then make one when they pick up so its on the customer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe@NextLevelDetail
08-26-2015, 02:22 AM
What happened with this guy did you ever see the window and streak that you put in his car lol