PDA

View Full Version : HD speed question

frankprozzoly
07-11-2015, 04:56 PM
I read people get good results with an orange pad. Do you go over again with a polishing pad or no

conman1395
07-11-2015, 05:06 PM
The trick to using an AIO is using the pad combination that gets the best cut while finishing with zero marring. You're limited in the amount of cut by the ability to finish without any haze caused by your pad choice.

VP Mark
07-11-2015, 05:36 PM
It depends. On softer paints, I usually use speed with a white pad. The point of an AIO in my opinion is NOT having to go over it a second time, so I will use the most aggressive pad I can that will finish great as well.

Evan.J
07-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Very paint Dependent on this. Softer paints less aggressive pad harder paints you could use the orange pads. Test spot will always tell you

House of Wax
07-11-2015, 06:30 PM
It depends. On softer paints, I usually use speed with a white pad. The point of an AIO in my opinion is NOT having to go over it a second time, so I will use the most aggressive pad I can that will finish great as well.
Completely agree with this

frankprozzoly
07-11-2015, 06:46 PM
I've been reading that speed has good cut. I'm using this on an 08 civic that's not been taken care of. I'm not gonna go crazy, the guy won't take care of it anyway. So white pad it is. I just wasn't sure having never used an AIO before. Going over it twice i guess doesn't make much sense