PDA

View Full Version : Worst Day Ever

Excessive Detail
09-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Boy did I have a bad day yesterday. I found out that both my ac compressor and altenator are going out, and the best part, after all that bs, last night I blew my oil filter cap off, which in turn covered the entire underside and passanger side with dirty oil, luckily I didn't blow the motor and the new part was only $15 dollars, but I did have to pay $75 to get it towed back to my house, but its fixed now, I'm just waiting for the other two things to go out, I think my car is trying to kill itself. Here are some pics I took last night, it took a whole lot of degreaser to get most of the oil off, unfortunaltely it did stain the trim on the passanger side.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/ExcessiveDetail/Misc/P1010003.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/ExcessiveDetail/Misc/P1010002.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/ExcessiveDetail/Misc/P1010001.jpg

makdaddy626
09-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Wow, how did that happen? Was that "normal" driving or at a track? Either way, sorry you had such a lousy day.

Dust2Glory
09-10-2007, 09:04 PM
dude that sucks! am glad u were able to get oil off the paint! does ur car still have warranty?

Excessive Detail
09-10-2007, 09:08 PM
dude that sucks! am glad u were able to get oil off the paint! does ur car still have warranty?

Nope, apparently this is not uncommon on my car, it has one of those stupid canister filters and the cap that holds the filter in the metal housing is pasltic and over time the plastic basically just fails, and leaks or in my case just blows off.

Tonya
09-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Nope, apparently this is not uncommon on my car, it has one of those stupid canister filters and the cap that holds the filter in the metal housing is pasltic and over time the plastic basically just fails, and leaks or in my case just blows off.
That stinks, but at least your motor didn't blow!

Excessive Detail
09-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Wow, how did that happen? Was that "normal" driving or at a track? Either way, sorry you had such a lousy day.

Just normal driving no racing, I was on my way to Taco Bell, I think the filter cap just held as long as it could.

CalgaryDetail
09-10-2007, 09:39 PM
that sucks.. but remebered your still ok (not that somthing liek that would hurt you but still ) you can always fix a car.. but as long as you have your health

dontsleeponit
09-10-2007, 10:05 PM
I was on my way to Taco Bell

you would of been blowing something else up if you made it there...

just a joke to try and brighten your day:D

seriously sorry to hear about you car though

supercharged
09-10-2007, 10:57 PM
huh, what??? That really suck, sorry to hear this happened to you...
I never had a Mazda before, so I would know about that cap...:(

Nica
09-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Oooooo...ouch...interesting how you said it's not uncommon though.

Sorry hear of what happened to you, atlest it didn't cost you too much to fix it though.

As for the cleaning part, well it could have been fun but I doubt it :(

klumzypinoy
09-10-2007, 11:51 PM
aw man, it's good you're ok though! cars can be fixed :)

ScottB
09-11-2007, 03:47 PM
bad days are usually few and far between, but sure help to notice the "better" days. Dont worry your better days are fast coming.

Torsion Tool
09-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Taco Bell? The sooner you guys drop the junk food the better your bodies will recover from the SAD effects (Standard American Diet). Maybe someone was trying to tell you something. Both car and peoples' bodies can be cleaned. Guess which takes longer.

Reddwarf
09-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news. What a mess! I hope some good luck comes your way soon to make up for this bad luck.