PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning foam pad with 3.0

RichWentFishing
07-09-2015, 10:26 AM
I've been using a foam applicator to apply the paint sealant. I can't seem clean it well enough after I'm done for the day. What chemicals/technique/methods work to remove the sealant from the foam pads?

aim4squirrels
07-09-2015, 12:00 PM
If you're talking about the Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant, you aren't getting it all out of the pad. That stuff is resistant to any cleaning product I've tried that is also safe for the pad itself. Best you can do is roll the pad between your fingers and squeeze out the excess product.

DaHen
07-09-2015, 02:28 PM
I just clean as much sealant as I can out of my pads. Then use them only for sealants in the future.

RichWentFishing
07-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Good to know. I tried soaking and working the foam pad in a mix of water and dawn but the sealant just laughs at it. I'll try squeezing it a bit more tonight.

custmsprty
07-09-2015, 03:02 PM
On the yellow foam hand applicators I toss em.

2012LEGACY
08-06-2015, 08:30 AM
they make a pad cleaner/rejuvenator product to bring back pads to new condition. i am using 'chemical guys' brand right now. -- i put it in my utility sink and poured some on it and pushed down until it was saturated, let it sit for a bit, rinsed it, repeated, and thoroughly rinsed it again. squeezed the hell out of it and let it dry. looked and felt like new again. (you can also put it back on the DA and spin it dry to start, but make sure it is FULLY dry before you reuse it) it had WG total swirl remover in it.

ski2
08-06-2015, 09:52 AM
After soaking in the Dawn solution squeeze as much out as you can then spray with Awsome Orange Degreaser (from the dollar store) and squeeze and rinse very well. Takes out FK1000p so it should work for any LSP.

2012LEGACY
08-06-2015, 10:16 PM
i just used WGpaintsealant3.0 today for the first time and had the same issue. i used my CG pad rejuvenator on my green pad with the total swirl remover and it came clean as a whistle in no time. then the blue pad with WGfinalglaze and that came out clean just as easy. then today the sealant.... totally different. probably cleaned and rinsed 4 times. i am calling it good for now and will ONLY use it for sealant now. i tend to put 2 coats of wax on so in the future i will probably just put it in a baggie and use it the next day for the 2nd coat (for the WG sealant).