PDA

View Full Version : Cyclo Brush to Drill Adaptor?

AustrianOak82
07-09-2015, 07:18 AM
I have a couple of Cyclo brushes that I picked up to use with my GG 6". They work well, except that you have to hold the polisher perfectly level or it stops spinning as we know. The problem is, seats and carpets have a lot more angles than do vehicle panels so it doesn't work too well. I am looking for an adaptor to add it to my drill for use on tough jobs. I would also like the ability to add a backing plate as well.

I checked out the adaptor on this site and it looked like there was a male end to go into the drill and the other end was threaded and male as well. I was confused because the Cyclo brush and my backing plates are obviously male ends. Am I stupid and missed something or what? Is it something to do with mine being a DA vs rotary?

Lake Country Drill Adapter for Rotary Backing Plates (http://www.autogeek.net/46231.html)

TuxedoTaurus
07-09-2015, 08:17 AM
DA BP's have a male end that goes to a female end on the machine.

Rotary BP's have a female end that goes to the male end on the machine.

So that adapter will only work with rotary BP's.

You could try and put a piece of rubber hose over the threads of the brush if your drill chuck would accommodate it. That way the threads would not get striped.

AustrianOak82
07-09-2015, 10:08 AM
DA BP's have a male end that goes to a female end on the machine.

Rotary BP's have a female end that goes to the male end on the machine.

So that adapter will only work with rotary BP's.

You could try and put a piece of rubber hose over the threads of the brush if your drill chuck would accommodate it. That way the threads would not get striped.

Okay, that makes sense. I thought I was just stupid. I wonder why wouldn't they have both for uses like this?

seres2
07-09-2015, 12:19 PM
Purchase a 5/16 x 24 COUPLING NUT. Many hardware stores sell these for about $1.

Mike@ShineStruck
07-09-2015, 01:55 PM
They do make drill brushes
but im not allowed to post any links

AGOatemywallet
07-09-2015, 05:04 PM
purchase a 5/16 x 24 coupling nut. Many hardware stores sell these for about $1.

yes

KMdef9
07-09-2015, 06:30 PM
You need to be careful when using them on a drill. If you touch the carpet for too long with the side of that brush, you'll melt the carpet. A DA is much safer. I'd just use a brush for that 5% you can't reach with a DA.

AustrianOak82
07-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Purchase a 5/16 x 24 COUPLING NUT. Many hardware stores sell these for about $1.
Picked on up yesterday, it's too big to fit either of my drills.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Kengo123
07-12-2015, 01:18 PM
Just give your chemicals a longer DWELL TIME (20 mins) and you don't have to agitate that hard for good results.

Rsurfer
07-12-2015, 02:55 PM
They do make drill brushes
but im not allowed to post any links

That and they do make backing plates with a drill (male shank) adapter.

Daviddear30
07-12-2015, 05:45 PM
I use a ryobi battery pwered drill and it's awesome. No burnt carpet for me. Easier to use a battery drill than a da for me. I have both