PDA

View Full Version : Addressing the small details on my EVO.

A1monky
09-10-2007, 06:29 PM
My evo had some light swirls that 360 could not get out. I have been using 106 on a bunch of cars recently. And, I figured I had enough practice to use it on my ride. I dont have any pics of the swirls since it was very cloudy on sat. But, oh well, the 106 did its job as usual. The only snag was using poorboys PP after using 106. I had to go back to the reliable pinn paint cleanse. I slept over am my GF's house the night before. One of the heads on the sprinklers came off and poured gallons of nasty water all over my car!!! I had water spots all over the car the next morning. After I washed the car I noticed that they had already damaged my clear coat. I couldnt get all of the marring out. :( I am sure that another round in 6 months will do it. I didnt dress the wheels or tires in the pics, too busy not enough time.

Process

Wash - Poorboys SSS, w/ microfiber mitt
Clay - DP, w/ ONR clay lube
Polish - Menzerna 106, w/ 5.5in white pad
Pre- wax cleaner - Poorboys PPP, w/ white pad by hand
Clean up mess from PPP - Pinnacle painwork cleanser, w/ white pad by hand
Trim - black again
Seal - Wolfgang, w/ blue pad by hand
QD - FK 425
Glass - stoners invisible glass spray bottle
Lights - plexus

Afters only.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/A1monky/IMG_0241.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/A1monky/IMG_0251.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/A1monky/IMG_0252.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/A1monky/IMG_0245.jpg

Dust2Glory
09-10-2007, 08:35 PM
very nice, vicious looking front end.... and nice touch having the GF pose for the pic!

supercharged
09-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Cute girl, oh, nice car too...:D

A1monky
09-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks ya'll, she is beautiful, thats my girl. I had too trick her to get in the pic.

klumzypinoy
09-11-2007, 01:17 AM
cute GF. Haha what did she say when you snapped the pic? Hmm the microfiber mitt really sounds interesting, I might get one. The Evo looks good, and so are those Azenis :). They don't look like they need to be dressed! Of course you want to protect them from oxidation though. And I'd like to add, nice jspec rear bumper :)

A1monky
09-11-2007, 07:14 AM
cute GF. Haha what did she say when you snapped the pic? Hmm the microfiber mitt really sounds interesting, I might get one. The Evo looks good, and so are those Azenis :). They don't look like they need to be dressed! Of course you want to protect them from oxidation though. And I'd like to add, nice jspec rear bumper :)

I snapped 4 pics, and she didnt even notice. I showed this post to her, and she just though it was funny. Those azenis are usually protected with 303. Those tires rock! The original eqiupment Yokohamas are over $300 each. The falkens are $180, and no loss in performance!! :awesome:

dannythekid
09-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Nice ride.

Truls
09-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks ya'll, she is beautiful, thats my girl. I had too trick her to get in the pic.

A1monky:

How do you trick A CAR to get in a photo session????

J/K

Sweet girlfirend, and SEXY car.....

richy
09-11-2007, 12:03 PM
My evo had some light swirls that 360 could not get out. I have been using 106 on a bunch of cars recently. And, I figured I had enough practice to use it on my ride. I dont have any pics of the swirls since it was very cloudy on sat. But, oh well, the 106 did its job as usual. The only snag was using poorboys PP after using 106. I had to go back to the reliable pinn paint cleanse. I slept over am my GF's house the night before. One of the heads on the sprinklers came off and poured gallons of nasty water all over my car!!! I had water spots all over the car the next morning. After I washed the car I noticed that they had already damaged my clear coat. I couldnt get all of the marring out. :( I am sure that another round in 6 months will do it. I didnt dress the wheels or tires in the pics, too busy not enough time

What a piss off that was!!

[quote=Dust2Glory;133968]very nice, vicious looking front end.... and nice touch having the GF pose for the pic!

Hey Dust..to whose front end are you referring???;)