PDA

View Full Version : Detailing a Trailer..

12Sti
07-07-2015, 03:15 PM
Hi All,
Long time lurker and auto geek spender haha.
-So i took on this hoarse trailer, (5 years of never being washed) and I'm having problems really getting the shine back in it.
I tried regular washing with duragloss soap and some Megs APC mixed in my bucket didn't do anything!
-I had a gallon of Amazing Roll Off figured why not give this a shot, it worked (to a point) i have a ridiculous amount of time and elbow grease in it tho lol. sprayed roll off and scrubbed section by section with a scrub brush on the whole trailer..
-Now that I've done the whole trailer I'm trying to really bring the shine out, and having problems I've tried M105 and M205 to finish. i didn't notice much of a difference at all.

Im assuming this is single stage paint? I don't have any megs #7.
Would it be worth buying some and using a terry cloth, such as Mike said in his post about oxidation and bring the shine back?

Really could use some help here or is this the limit and all the shine i will get?

Side note any good sealant/coating that will keep protection on it, and help maintain this thing looking good.
i have cqaurtz, and handful of sealants (opti seal, wolfgang, four star, and a few others)

Would love some input on this and appreciate all comments!
Thanks so much!!!

Pics of how it finish out compared to what it originally looked like it defiantly has a lot more shine but i feel it can be taken further...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=96750&size=1

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=96752&size=1

top189h
07-07-2015, 04:57 PM
For mine, I used a rotary and wool with meguiars 85 when I bought it, and now I maintain it with a good aio once a year and wax once a month

rmagnus
07-07-2015, 05:11 PM
You should know if it' a single stage paint as the color will come off on the pad. SS and clear coat require different treatments. In the picture the trailer looks too new to be single stage. I agree with top189h test a small section with a wool pad with forced rotation buffer and see if it brings up the shine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk