PDA

View Full Version : Best product to maintain rubber.

tpr1634
07-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Looking for opinions on best product to protect and maintain rubber weatherstrip around sunroofs etc.... Thanks

Setec Astronomy
07-07-2015, 10:31 AM
I would use something like WETS (Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant) or UTTG (Ultima Tire and Trim Guard). Perhaps also BTTTS (Blackfire Total Tire and Trim Sealant), but I don't have any experience with that yet.

FUNX650
07-07-2015, 11:19 AM
•I initially clean with Meguiar's M39.

•Then I apply either of these two products:
-Meguiar's M40;
-1Z Einszett Gummi Pflege.

Bob

PreludeVTEC01
07-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Another vote for 1Z Einszett - Gummi Pflege. I've used it before with great results!

Setec Astronomy
07-07-2015, 11:26 AM
I like gummi-pflege too, I just don't use it on areas that have UV exposure...or maybe I have...I just don't consider it for those applications.

Hoytman
07-07-2015, 11:28 AM
I would use something like WETS (Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant) or UTTG (Ultima Tire and Trim Guard). Perhaps also BTTTS (Blackfire Total Tire and Trim Sealant), but I don't have any experience with that yet.

•I initially clean with Meguiar's M39.

•Then I apply either of these two products:
-Meguiar's M40;
-1Z Einszett Gummi Pflege.

Bob

Never used the product I'm about to link you to, but with this companies reputation it's sure to be a stellar product choice in addition to the other stellar products mentioned above.

Here it is: 303 Rubber Seal Protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/303-rubber-seal-protectant.html)

Setec Astronomy
07-07-2015, 11:32 AM
Never used the product I'm about to link you to, but with this companies reputation it's sure to be a stellar product choice in addition to the other stellar products mentioned above.

Here it is: 303 Rubber Seal Protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/303-rubber-seal-protectant.html)

That's new, isn't it? I wonder if it's just good ol' 303 in a different bottle. We have a member here who works for the company who maybe will tell us, but I remember years ago on another forum members inquiring about the several different 303 cleaners and what the difference was, and being told that they were all the same product, just different dilutions.

Hoytman
07-07-2015, 11:46 AM
That's new, isn't it? I wonder if it's just good ol' 303 in a different bottle. We have a member here who works for the company who maybe will tell us, but I remember years ago on another forum members inquiring about the several different 303 cleaners and what the difference was, and being told that they were all the same product, just different dilutions.

I like to use a cleaner as Bob mentioned (M39 or like) to thoroughly clean the seals, then I wouldn't be afraid to use any of the above products mentioned by others including plain ol' regular 303.

As to the rest of you comments...:dunno:

addysdaddy
07-07-2015, 11:48 AM
UTTG or CarPro PERL for trim in decent to good condition. For really faded out plastic and trim, Solution Finish.

Bunky
07-07-2015, 11:55 AM
I just use a protectant or restoration product to maintain.

GS2011
07-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Another vote for Gummi Pflege.