PDA

View Full Version : nanoskin

Pages : [1] 2

molarman
07-06-2015, 07:06 PM
has anyone tried the nanoskin mitt fine grade vs normal claying? also, shouldnt u wash the car before using their so called bubble soap with this mitt? their video shows a guy using their brand of soap just following initial rinse; looks like this would induce scratches and swirls

HD.Detailing
07-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Wash the car first

the nanoskin mitts, towels, sponges will mar the paint I recommend polishing afterwards to remove the marring.

medicscott
07-06-2015, 07:50 PM
I find if you use a lot of lube that with the blue pad I get no marring. If you use little or no lube it's going to leave lots of black stuff on the car. Nanoskin loves lots of Clay lube. And it will save you a ton of time versus traditional clay. Yet I still think regular clay does a better job overall. But I'm s school and have no real proof of that. It might be because I can see the contaminant particles on traditional clay and can only go by feel with the Nanoskin.

molarman
07-06-2015, 07:53 PM
thanks for the input

Kamakaz1961
07-06-2015, 08:32 PM
I use the Nanoskin Blue sponge and the Nanoskin Blue 6" Pad. If you use plenty of lube you will not have a marring issue. I no longer use clay as the Nanoskin Sponge/Pad are faster and if you drop the sponge you wipe of the dirt and keep on trucking.

I use a Rinseless Wash with a sprayer at a higher mixture for my lube.

As for marring...I have not had any of those issues. Nanoskin is better than traditional Clay IMO.

S4Dallas
07-06-2015, 09:10 PM
has anyone tried the nanoskin mitt fine grade vs normal claying? also, shouldnt u wash the car before using their so called bubble soap with this mitt? their video shows a guy using their brand of soap just following initial rinse; looks like this would induce scratches and swirls

Hi,

I just used it for the first time a few weeks ago.

I washed the car first with my blackfire shampoo. Then I mixed a new batch of soap with more soap and less water and used the blue mit. It worked great.

S4Dallas
07-06-2015, 09:11 PM
PS. MUCH easier then when I've clayed in the past.

swanicyouth
07-06-2015, 09:20 PM
Wash the car.

Then, "clay".

I've use a few clay substitutes and have notice zero marring. I chalk this up to:

1. Amount of lube I use (a lot)

2. That my cars aren't super contaminated.

3. I use good technique.

I think the dirtier the car - the more marring you will get, regardless of what you use to decon it.

S4Dallas
07-06-2015, 09:25 PM
Wash the car.

Then, "clay".

I've use a few clay substitutes and have notice zero marring. I chalk this up to:

1. Amount of lube I use (a lot)

2. That my cars aren't super contaminated.

3. I use good technique.

I think the dirtier the car - the more marring you will get, regardless of what you use to decon it.

#3 Is a good point. No matter what product you use, technique is very important.

Kamakaz1961
07-06-2015, 10:12 PM
PS. MUCH easier then when I've clayed in the past.

:iagree: I used to have a clay bar laying around just in case I might switch...now I can't find it!!...LOL

But IMO the Nanoskin is the way to go to clay. I use the Blue bar/pad which is all I need. I can't comment about the Red as I have never used it and see no need to in the foreseeable future.

SlvrDragon50
07-07-2015, 12:13 AM
Is jrock like drunk out of his mind?

I'm so happy to hear all this stuff about the Nanoskin. Got one and can't wait to use it!

AbileneAutoWerx
07-07-2015, 12:37 AM
I washed my Black 2015 Yukon with Megs Hyperwash and then mixed a new bucket with quit a bit of Megs Ultimate Wash and Wax and used the Blue Nano wash mitt. No marring and the paint felt like baby's a$$.

wdmaccord
07-07-2015, 01:15 AM
I used the nanoskin blue fine mitt on my black accord a few weeks ago for the first time. I used BF Rinseless Wash diluted 1:16 for lube and didn't notice any marring (lubed liberally). This was after a power rinse, foaming decon wash, and another power rinse. Pinnacle Ultra Poly always left some marring on this soft paint.

VISITOR
07-07-2015, 02:45 AM
Tell us about the technique involved in putting big black dicks up your ass. We're all interested, tell us!

talking this kind of language is going to earn you a permanent vacation, I would quit while you are ahead...

Goin Rogue
07-07-2015, 06:49 AM
I too enjoy using the Nanoskin mitt. Lots of lube and break it in on the glass. Claying goes by so fast with it.