PDA

View Full Version : Tiny chips in windshield

TimD
07-06-2015, 04:22 PM
I have a couple of very tiny chips in my windshield, probably way too small for a repair. Is there anything I could use to make them less visible or cover them up? I was thinking maybe wax etc. once you know there there it's hard to stop looking at them.

Rsurfer
07-06-2015, 05:27 PM
I have a couple of very tiny chips in my windshield, probably way too small for a repair. Is there anything I could use to make them less visible or cover them up? I was thinking maybe wax etc. once you know there there it's hard to stop looking at them.

Wax will only make it worse as it traps dirt. There must be some kind of clear epoxy resin in a diy kit. Try your best friend, Google.:props:

TimD
07-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Actually RainX has a kit for around 10.00 that I'm thinking about buying. I may be able to use just a drop of resin. I will check it out.

mwoolfso
07-06-2015, 05:57 PM
If you have glass coverage on your insurance call them and state your field of vision is affected by the damage (all those chips add up to something). They will direct you accordingly. Glass replacements on vehicles are like fixing flat tires to them (dime a dozen).