PDA

View Full Version : 3D HD products...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

conman1395
07-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Are quickly becoming one of my main go to's.

They're affordable, great products and are quickly becoming a brand I'd gladly buy a product without having to research too much. 3D HD, Meguiar's, and Duragloss are currently my top brands.

It gets me excited to see so many of their newer products like Total, Protect, and now I really wanna try Touch.

Speaking of Touch, has anyone tried it?

LSNAutoDetailing
07-06-2015, 12:46 PM
Same here... HD Speed is now my go too. It's rated on the cut scale as a #2, but I highly differ. Last two cars I did with Speed came out amazing.

Nick McKees37
07-06-2015, 01:02 PM
3D makes great products. Everything I've tried has exceeded my expectations.

I used TOUCH a few months ago. It's a mix between a detail spray and a waterless wash. It was easy to use, and really made the flake POP.

zmcgovern45
07-06-2015, 01:08 PM
HD Touch is fantastic :)

I received a few bottles with an order a year or two ago and it was my go-to QD spray for a while. Great scent, very slick, and effortless to use.

-Zach

silverfox
07-06-2015, 01:22 PM
3D/HD...."detailing made easy". And very affordable. For you guys who think glazes are a waste of time (looks and fills great, but washes right off)....try HD Express. Its called a wax, but in my opinion is like a glaze with long lasting protection. Its really a unique product imo. Looks amazing. Show car amazing. I'd not categorize it as a wax. Best applied with a MF applicator pad.

zmcgovern45
07-06-2015, 01:31 PM
3D/HD...."detailing made easy". And very affordable. For you guys who think glazes are a waste of time (looks and fills great, but washes right off)....try HD Express. Its called a wax, but in my opinion is like a glaze with long lasting protection. Its really a unique product imo. Looks amazing. Show car amazing. I'd not categorize it as a wax. Best applied with a MF applicator pad.

I've got some Speed and Express on the way :)

Have used and enjoyed HD Cut, Polish, and mostly Adapt over the past couple of years... and really liked Touch as well. Looking forward to using these new products on my wife's SUV to keep it looking good. Planning on Speed topped with Express from time to time. She had to have a jet black car :buffing:

ski2
07-06-2015, 01:49 PM
HD Express and HD Wash were a real surprise to me--Wash actually ends up being almost the same cost as DG because you only need an once in 3 gallons of water--- was amazed at the increase in gloss with HD Express on top of Poxy.

HD Cut, Polish, Adapt, Express etc, etc are from the HD line, but keep in mind there are allot of products from the 3D line (there is a 3D website that has all the products and a HD website that has just the HD line) that have impressed me with thier price and performance: Pink Car Soap if you're looking for a soap that leaves nothing behind, Orange Degreaser, Towel Kleen are all great products.

conman1395
07-06-2015, 01:54 PM
HD Touch is fantastic :)

I received a few bottles with an order a year or two ago and it was my go-to QD spray for a while. Great scent, very slick, and effortless to use.

-Zach
You don't like it as a waterless wash very well then?

zmcgovern45
07-06-2015, 01:58 PM
You don't like it as a waterless wash very well then?

I don't use anything as a waterless wash... so I can't comment on that.

Lustrous Detail
07-06-2015, 02:22 PM
I know that HD Speed already has a sealant on it, but would you guys still put on a LSP for added protection?

HUMP DIESEL
07-06-2015, 02:42 PM
I've got some Speed and Express on the way :)

Have used and enjoyed HD Cut, Polish, and mostly Adapt over the past couple of years... and really liked Touch as well. Looking forward to using these new products on my wife's SUV to keep it looking good. Planning on Speed topped with Express from time to time. She had to have a jet black car :buffing:

Thinking of the same thing. My wife has a silver Lexus SUV, and I keep asking her about a coating, but I think I am going to stick to keeping it simple and do Speed, maybe with Poxy and then Express every couple of weeks.

HUMP

zmcgovern45
07-06-2015, 02:56 PM
Thinking of the same thing. My wife has a silver Lexus SUV, and I keep asking her about a coating, but I think I am going to stick to keeping it simple and do Speed, maybe with Poxy and then Express every couple of weeks.

HUMP

I coated ours 2.5 years ago, and it has been great.... but I don't want to go through the entire process again to recoat the car, so I figure an AIO and spray wax is plenty to keep it looking better than the rest of the black cars on the road

-Zach

The Guz
07-06-2015, 03:21 PM
FYI for those interested in speed and a couple other products.

Autopia Forum - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopia.org/forums/new-autopians-introduce-yourself/181639-tried-hd-speed.html?highlight=hd+speed)

I have used HD Protect, Express, Towel Kleen. All performed very well.

Express is a little thick but it's good.

Towel Kleen is cost effective but gets the job done

Protect is decent interior dressing. Has a leather scent to it. From what I was told this offers no UV protection.

I have HD Polish and Poxy on my shelf to try out next.

custmsprty
07-06-2015, 04:04 PM
I know that HD Speed already has a sealant on it, but would you guys still put on a LSP for added protection?

I top speed with poxy

mamut
07-06-2015, 04:33 PM
3D HD products are great. I've HD Polish to buff out a Porsche Carerra and it came out great. Also started using HD glass. cleans glass very nicely