PDA

View Full Version : Review: DP Final Gloss QD'r

Dust2Glory
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
This is from my Show 'n Shine on my wife's Corolla. I used it the other night after a day from doing the detail. I had the car in the garage with the door closed and all my lights on. I sprayed the hood and kind of let it set there... upon my first inspection the stuff smells really good!:) But I know you don't care about that... so here's the good stuff.

As it was sitting on the car I looked at it from different angles and could see all the oils inside of it, so that part is true. It was also pretty thick for a QD'dr, it didn't dry as soon as it was applied, you had to buff it off so there are some kinds of wax oils in there as well. Kind of reminds me of Liquid Souveran Spray wax, they both have the same consistency. I also used on my Jimmy. I laid down a coat of NR, then liquid souveran spray wax, then DP final gloss and you talk about slick as owl poop. Also after washing my trailer, I DP'd the whole thing and it's alot shiner!! With Final Gloss by itself it probably maybe wk. to two weeks of durability. I would recommend if using as a booster once a week or atleast everyother week.

When I get a darker vehicle, I want to compare with PB Spray and Gloss.
Hope this helps.

alban61
09-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the review! I always like it when stuff smells good. :D Shiny and slick is also good too!
OK, it's probably something so simple that I'll kick myself when I see the answer. I can't seem to figure out what NR is? You said you laid down a coat of NR first......
Nevermind...it's Natty's Red?

Meghan
09-10-2007, 01:25 PM
I am so glad you liked it! :D

Jimmie
09-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the review D2G. I've got some sitting on the shelf but long overlooked. It's coming out.

Dust2Glory
09-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the review! I always like it when stuff smells good. :D Shiny and slick is also good too!
OK, it's probably something so simple that I'll kick myself when I see the answer. I can't seem to figure out what NR is? You said you laid down a coat of NR first......
Nevermind...it's Natty's Red?

now that's funny... and yes it's natty red.

klumzypinoy
09-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Smell...that's important to me!! Sparkie knows :p.

Seems like a good quick detailer after washes :)

AL417
09-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the review D2G.
I've got some sitting on the shelf but long overlooked. It's coming out.

Like Jimmie said "Thanks for the review".

Jimmie - bust it out and start using it. :)
This is good stuff, like D2G said it's slick and durable.

ScottB
09-10-2007, 04:47 PM
its so funny that this product came up, this weekend I was doing a quick detail on wifes car and used this to add a little pop to truck. Everyone kept asking if it was freshly waxed on Sunday and I keep the truck looking new. It does have a waxy glimmer but works nice over a sealant as well.

supercharged
09-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the review, sounds like a product to try the next time I'll place an order.

wolfpacker92
09-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the review, sounds like a product to try the next time I'll place an order.

Yeah thanks D2G that's exactly what I need something else to add to the already growing list of items for my next AG order :D, but guess what I just added it to my list! And Meghan did you see that ... a list that's right a list so I won't be forgetting anything next time :D.

Dust2Glory
09-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah thanks D2G that's exactly what I need something else to add to the already growing list of items for my next AG order :D, but guess what I just added it to my list! And Meghan did you see that ... a list that's right a list so I won't be forgetting anything next time :D.

sorry there wolfy!! hey I just call'em like I see'em. It vs. my RL QD, there no comparison. both DP and PB qd'r knock it flat on its butt. right now i mostly use my RL for door jams and wheels. Only the special stuff for my special clients and personal vehicles.

Reddwarf
09-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the review. I have often thought about giving it a try. I have not found a bad DP product yet.

HighEndDetail
09-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks for your thoughts, I am going on my second bottle. It is a definate goto Qd'er