PDA

View Full Version : A few Poorboys questions.

Juztang
06-19-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm getting ready to detail my 04 Saleen. The car has no scratches but a lot of fine swirls. I have Poorboys SSR1,Pro Polish,EX-P, and Natty's blue. I have already washed and clayed and I will be using a PC. Should I use the SSR1 and then the Pro Polish or should I just go from the SSR1 to the EX-P? Also I know that you can layer the EX-P, how long does it have to cure in between layers or before the coat of Natty's Blue? Thanks in advance!

BlackRocks
06-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Definately try the SSR1 first and see if it is enough to remove the swirls. If not, you may want to get some SSR #2.5 and go after them again. I find that to be the best of the Poorboys line for removing light marks with the PC. I'm not familiar with EX-P, so I'll leave that to those with knowledge.

Todd

supercharged
06-19-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm getting ready to detail my 04 Saleen. The car has no scratches but a lot of fine swirls. I have Poorboys SSR1,Pro Polish,EX-P, and Natty's blue. I have already washed and clayed and I will be using a PC. Should I use the SSR1 and then the Pro Polish or should I just go from the SSR1 to the EX-P? Also I know that you can layer the EX-P, how long does it have to cure in between layers or before the coat of Natty's Blue? Thanks in advance!
SR1, then Pro Polish, then EX-P. You can layer EX-P, but be sure you let it cure for about 12 hours in absolutely dry conditions. Then top it off with Natty Blue.
Hope this helps:) .

Juztang
06-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Thanks guys!

Juztang
06-19-2006, 04:53 PM
If I do have to go with the SR2.5, I still have do the Sr1 after followed by the Pro Polish,EX-P, and then top with Natty's.

ScottB
06-19-2006, 05:11 PM
likely to see any swirl remover you will need to go to a more abrasive polish (2.0 or 2.5). 1.0 is a very fine finishing polish. ProPolish is more of a chemical polish (dont really find the need to use personally) as I much prefer AIO. Then EX-P (sealant) and allow to cure 4-12 hours minimum before the Nattys.