PDA

View Full Version : Deciding on Steam Cleaner and Extractor

Pages : [1] 2

gtijimmy
07-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Hey guys, I would like to get some feedback on purchasing some big equipment for my detailing arsenal. I've decided on purchasing a steamer before an extractor and I am left with a couple of options.

I can purchase a Dupray Hill Injection ($2000), Dupray Tosca ($1000) or a VX5000 ($800). Is it better to purchase the Dupray Hill Injection for the additional power or will the VX5000 be satisfactory for all my detailing needs? I am detailing other peoples cars with fairly dirty interiors/exteriors. Is the Dupray Tosca a step above the VX5000?

I have decided that I will eventually purchase the Mytee HP60 as that seems like an excellent extractor and I could purchase this extractor with the Dupray Tosca or VX5000 for around the same price as the Hill Injection.

Basically my question: Is the Dupray Hill Injection worth the extra money or would it be better to have the VX5000 and the Mytee HP60 instead? I can always get the Hill Injection and Mytee HP60 but it will just take longer and I do not know if the Hill Injection is worth the extra money as the VX5000/Tosca could be enough. Thank you!

OTSDetail
07-06-2015, 12:30 AM
I'd say definitely get the Mytee....

808_detail_nut
07-06-2015, 01:41 AM
Just get the Carmen super inox. Best investment I made.

gtijimmy
07-06-2015, 06:17 AM
Just get the Carmen super inox. Best investment I made.

I am interested in that unit now. How is the Carmen Super Inox better than a separate steam cleaner and extractor, like the Dupray Hill Injection + Mytee HP60?

808_detail_nut
07-06-2015, 11:24 AM
I honestly could not tell you about a mytee because I went from a vapamore primo, LGM, and a Rug Doctor. Never used a extractor but the cleaning ability is legitimate and saves time because you have 2 pieces of equipment in 1. Especially if you buy the extraction tool, it makes it simple. I was in the same position as you and wanted to upgrade so I looked into a steamer+extractor combo. Then I ran into this piece of equipment and I researched for about 2 weeks before I pulled the trigger(1 week research, 1 week talking my wife into it). Anyway, I have used it 4 times so far on moderately dirty interiors and it did a fabulous job. I'm waiting for a really bad interior to do a review. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

808_detail_nut
07-06-2015, 11:30 AM
I forgot, if you do decide on this tool then get the 220v. The 110v can only run the vac and steamer together for short periods. With the 220v there is no problems with it.

Eric M.
07-06-2015, 11:35 AM
I currently have the Dupray Hill Injection and it handles 90% of everything I throw at it. It's so much for versatile than an extractor however on really soiled fabrics nothing beats an extractor however that accounts for less than 10% of the interiors I do. As mentioned above once this machine is done I'm investing in the Carmen Super Inox. Best of both worlds.

gtijimmy
07-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Sounds like I should bite the bullet and go straight for the Carmen Super Inox instead of slowly upgrading. How powerful is the Vac on the machine? I couldn't find much information on its lift/HP/psi for the extractor portion.

Eric M.
07-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Sounds like I should bite the bullet and go straight for the Carmen Super Inox instead of slowly upgrading. How powerful is the Vac on the machine? I couldn't find much information on its lift/HP/psi for the extractor portion.

If I was to redo things this is exactly what I would have done.

808_detail_nut
07-06-2015, 12:26 PM
More than enough to be effective. The thing that pushed me over most is that they have exceptional customer service. Dupray calls me every once in a while to see how the machine is. They were so easy to talk to and work with.

gtijimmy
07-06-2015, 01:21 PM
If I am at a customers house and I have the 220v version, how could I get the unit to run without the use of a generator?

onsite
07-06-2015, 01:26 PM
If I am at a customers house and I have the 220v version, how could I get the unit to run without the use of a generator?
A long pricey extension cord and permission!

gtijimmy
07-06-2015, 09:52 PM
A long pricey extension cord and permission!

Hah! I probably won't end up buying the Carmen Super Inox because the 220v is the only one worth buying and it is just too inconvenient. An example would be: I wouldn't be able to clean my down stairs bathroom with the Super Inox because there is no 220v connection close to it.

FinishingTouchA
07-06-2015, 11:43 PM
My first machine was the vx5000 and it "got the job done" for 2 years. Then just this spring I got a Mytee hp60 and the vx has been sitting on a shelf since. If I were detailing "maintained vehicle it would be great, but most stuff I run into needs an extractor. I would suggest a steamer if you're going for the "eco friendly" business and you don't use a tornador/apc but unless that's your business plan I'd get a mytee.

808_detail_nut
07-07-2015, 12:40 AM
As far as the mobile detailing you need to get a 5000w generator with a 220 outlet at the very least. I know it's inconvenient so I just do those type of jobs at my home only for now. I'm planning on investing in a Honda 5000 soon but there are always generators that can run it on Craig'slist. I made my own extention cord so I can move it all over the place and when I do get a generator I can be far away from it. If I remember correctly you should not use any dryer or stove outlets. They do sell a adapter but it still can fry the machine. I installed a 20 amp 220v in my garage so I would do that and run the machine safely. Lucky for my my electric panel is right on he other side of my garage wall so no need to pull wires or destroy drywall.