PDA

View Full Version : Towel wringer (washing small MF towel loads)

SR99
07-05-2015, 12:16 PM
I pre-clean many of my towels in a 5-gallon bucket, especially the really dirty/greasy ones. If I have under about 6-8 MF towels or so, which is too small a load and drives the automatic-load-balancing in the washer crazy, I wash them by hand (but use the dryer to dry them).

As I seem to be seeing the beginnings of arthritis in my hands (wringing towels can be painful at times), I wondered if anyone still made those old "laundry wringers," which are just a couple rollers with a compression adjustment between them, and you hand-crank the towel between the rollers to wring them out.

It turns out there are still a couple companies that make them. But they are ridiculously expensive.

AG even sells one (or maybe I should say, AG has them "in stock" but I'm not sure they sell any): Chamois & Towel Wringer, dynanet towel and chamois wringer, microfiber towel wringer (http://www.autogeek.net/tw2020.html)
For $195 !!!

The other ones I found, while not quite as expensive as AG's, are still in the $115-$150 range.

Is anyone aware of a less costly option? Or maybe the 12-14" wide rubber (or they might be urethane?) rollers are more costly than I think, and you couldn't make a wringer yourself for too much less than this?

SlvrDragon50
07-05-2015, 12:38 PM
I can't believe that costs so much.. you can probably build one for 30 bucks.

ShaunD
07-05-2015, 12:51 PM
For that kinda money I would just invest in a new washer that can handle small loads. My front end loader does fine with light small loads, and gets MFs very dry so that dry is very quick.