PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Soft Black Paint

Dayonta675
07-04-2015, 02:02 PM
I did a truck a few days ago and I ran into an issue, my microfiber madness towels were marring this black paint... It was incredibly annoying. The truck was the most difficult thing I've ever done, what was worse was the truck had three paint jobs done, one on each side and tailgate. So I needed 3 test spots, what worked on one side didn't work on the other. Any advice?

Rsurfer
07-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Keep doing test spots if you don't want to waste your time. Your doing the right thing by doing test spots on different painted panels.

Mike lambert
07-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Use a detailer or a product like Gyeon prep to help wiping off. Did a Mercedes/ Maclaren SLR had the softest paint, that helped a lot .

Dayonta675
07-04-2015, 04:50 PM
I corrected every panel perfectly, the issue was the final wipe. I could literally see before my eyes marring from the microfiber. I used eraser and another chemical stripper all marred. I first I thought it was filler but none of my products contain any. Even pre wipe I could see marring with just wiping. Really annoying.

Rsurfer
07-04-2015, 05:00 PM
I corrected every panel perfectly, the issue was the final wipe. I could literally see before my eyes marring from the microfiber. I used eraser and another chemical stripper all marred. I first I thought it was filler but none of my products contain any. Even pre wipe I could see marring with just wiping. Really annoying.

Most polishes contain oils, which causes light filling.

Mike lambert
07-04-2015, 05:12 PM
One wipe, flip towels and wipe again

Riff
07-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Lighter touch maybe?

fly07sti
07-04-2015, 08:10 PM
As some others have stated. Use something such as d114 or ONR to dampen your towels when wiping off. Mix up in rinseless dilution ratio and put your towels in solution then wring each towel out before you wipe.