PDA

View Full Version : rough paint

awdftw
07-03-2015, 01:19 AM
Hi guys I have a jdm impreza from japan (lots of fallout amd crap) and the paint has oxidation.

I washed the car and used griots speed clay kit and the paint felt so smooth after. A friend of mine polished it using the red klasse all in one polish. I then finished it with blackfire crystal seal. The paint was super smooth but after my drive to work, the hood, both fenders, and my roof feel like a chalkboard.

Im assuming i picked up dust from the road? Or the paint is in bad shape and detailing wont help it?

OTSDetail
07-03-2015, 02:00 AM
Did you allow proper cure time before driving? May have just picked up dust from sitting outside and driving. My car picks up dust just driving a mile or 2 up the road.

awdftw
07-03-2015, 07:15 AM
Cure time for the wax? I gave it 30 to 45mins. If this is not enough do i have to clay and polish again?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

Im guessing you drove to work after application and felt the paint correct?

awdftw
07-03-2015, 10:36 AM
Welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

Im guessing you drove to work after application and felt the paint correct?
Yes sir. Well I waited 30-45mins to cure before I drove it.

awdftw
07-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Probably just dirt and dust? Parts of the hood is rough some are smooth. The paint is very glossy and shows reflections quite well.

awdftw
07-03-2015, 08:04 PM
I couldnt edit my previous post.

I used a microfibre cloth to apply the crystal seal. I had a MF applicator but I dropped it and got dirt on it. Does that make any difference?

If I were to reapply I would have to clay the car and polish again? Or just a good car wash and I can re apply?

Thanks.