PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Lexus Convertible

medicscott
07-02-2015, 09:28 PM
This was a good challenge for me...The customer did not want full paint correction just a 1 step...needless to say the vehicle was a scuffed up mess, and I tried hard to set proper expectations with the customer. Of course when challenged with getting something out and I can't with a 1 step, like a jerk I whip out the compound, and in this instance, just on one spot I chose to wet sand. Not sure what the hell is wrong with me and why I go above and beyond when the customer is not willing to pay for it is beyond me...Need to get my OCD under control. I even put new license plate screws on...I can't stand rusty screws...10 hours later and this is what I have to show for today's labor.

Process:

-Pinnacle Suds Foam Bath
-DP Blow Dryer
-IronX, (wow did it need it)
-Nanoskin Mitt with Pinnacle Clay Lubricant
-Taped off entire vehicle
-Mothers Aluminum Polish for the rims
-Griots Garage Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner
-Bleach White Blackwall Cleaner
-Chemical Guys Undercarriage Spray
-Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel
-3D HD Speed, using Flex 3401 Orange 5" Hybrid & Flex PE-8 Green 2" Pad
-Chemical Guys Carpet Cleaner
-Pinnacle Rubber and Vinyl Cleaner
-Pinnacle Rubber and Vinyl Protectant
-Pinnacle Black Label Leather Conditioner
-Pinnacle Glasscoat Waterspot Remover
-Pinnacle Glasscoat Window Sealant

LSNAutoDetailing
07-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Amazing Scott! Awesome work!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-03-2015, 02:16 AM
Wholly mackerel! Look at those Iron-X shots! That paint was con-tam-i-nat-ed!

Beautiful work there Scott. Looking good.

Thanks for sharing.

medicscott
07-03-2015, 06:10 AM
Here's a rear IronX shot. This car sits in the city idle on the street. So I guess it's exposed to a ton of brake dust.

mbpress01
07-18-2015, 09:19 PM
Medicsott. Thx for this post. I currently have the full menzerna line and am looking for another line to compliment menzerna. Their fg400 is incredible as well as their other finishing polishes but I can't devote the time to doing two steps anymore. With all these new products how would you rate menzerna 3in1 vs hd speed or any other product in the hd line that finishes lsp ready.

My current setup is pf2500 then zanio with flex but I didn't love the pf2500 finish. I actually thought fg400 came out better on a test spot but I don't want to remove paint.

Thx in advance for any comments

haris300
07-19-2015, 04:26 AM
Nicely done. Man that thing had a lot of contamination.

Sicoupe
07-19-2015, 08:11 AM
Looks outstanding buddy!