PDA

View Full Version : Help

cooker2000
09-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Hi,
I've always wanted to keep my cars looking great, but hated all the elbow grease it takes. I bought a PC7424 with an assorment of Lake Country CCS pads to do the work for me.

It has been about 2 years since my cars have had a good wash and wax. I plan on washing, claying, some deep cleaning or swirl removing, polishing, then waxing. The cars have no sign of oxidation, however the paint surfaces is very rough and show signs of swirls and surface scratches. Is this the right approach? If not, what would be the most effective way? Also, what products are recommended?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.
cooker2000

Pauly6401
09-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Well, hate to tell you but the first time you cut through that 2 years of dirt and grime, you'll probably spend 6-8 hours and some elbow grease. But after that, maintaining the shine will be a breeze!

The procedure you listed is very good. Swirl removing, cleaning and polishing will all happen somewhat simultaneously with the PC 7424. I would recommend using the XMT line of polishes for that step. Either use XMT 4 or 3 (depending on the level of swirls and scratches), step down to XMT 1, and then use the XMT finishing glaze. These can all be applied by the PC 7424. Then, just pick whichever wax or sealant you want to top with. I say this because the XMT line was the first one I used, and is also very easy to use for the first time polisher.

Alternatively, if you want to clean, polish and seal in one step, use XMT 360 which will do all of this at once. However, if you have a lot of swirls or scratches, you may not be able to do all your paint correction with this because it's not super aggressive.

Do all of that after a real good wash and clay and you should be set. Good luck! And post pictures or any questions along the way so we can see what you are working with.

cooker2000
09-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the info. I have a buddy that usees Meguiars products. He is willing to give me the follow Meguiars products to try:

Mirror Glaze #4 Heavy Cut Cleaner
Mirror Glaze #2 Fine Cut Cleaner
Mirror Glaze #7 Show Car Glaze
Mirror Glaze #26 Hi-Tech Liuid Car Wax

What's your thoughts on these products?