PDA

View Full Version : Water Supply

route66detail
07-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Hello, my name is Robert with Route 66 Detail of Jacksonville, Fl. I need help with the question of water......
We're just getting started (doing research) and the issue of water came up.
We will detail RVs and Boats. The question is, what is common when arriving at a customer's location in the way of water supply. I'll be purchasing a water tank but, is considered normal practice to use the customer's water supply? At their home? And... For an RV, (35 foot for example) how much water will I need?

Audios S6
07-02-2015, 07:48 PM
I've never had an issue using a customers water or power, provided they have it; most apartments won't, but some have a wash bay in the parking garage.

The amount of water will depend on several factors, if you are doing a traditional wash, expect 15 gallons in buckets plus rinse water for the exterior. If you are using a pressure washer, the volume can go down a lot compared to just a hose. Like 2gpm compared to 10gpm. If you are using the sheeting method to dry, you will use a lot of water.

If your using an extractor for the interior that could be another 10 gallons. Steam cleaner could be another gallon, of distilled water.

route66detail
07-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Audios S6, Thanks a lot for your help!

RDKC
07-03-2015, 01:04 AM
route66detail,

Just going to throw this in as well...

In my experience, a lot of camp-grounds strictly prohibit water use for exterior washing of RVs, trailers, cars, etc. I doubt that camp-grounds will be a primary source of clients but I just wanted to put it out there.

route66detail
07-03-2015, 08:04 AM
Thanks guys! So..... I'm on my way now to pick up a 65 gallon tank. You feel this WILL work for an average RV exterior if I need to provide the water?

Jeremy.Hoffman
07-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Depends how wild you go with letting water rip. If you're conservative you'll be ok